Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,720 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for a new house. We have considered castle hills, las colinas, and north carrollton (by willowbend mall). We are looking for a 4 bedroom house with media room, game room, dining room, and 2nd bedroom downstairs (we have a young baby). We are trying to stay around 375-405. Our family lives in colleyville so we want a decent commute to there and to work in Lewisville 75067.

We found a community with American Legend Homes and David Weekly in North Castle Hills but it is populated Moderator cut: Racial We are not predjudice but does that effect resale value of a home if we want to move in 5-7 years? We did not find much in Las colinas other than a David Weekly Community (470 K) and Plantation Homes (420 K). David Weekly in Las Colinas had several homes that had been in inventory since November of last year but said there was no negotiation in the pricing after their 15 K Discount off asking price. That seemed a little strange considering the amount of time they were sitting.

Now we are looking at some houses around Plano Pkwy and Josey. It is really close to Willow bend mall and right next to Hebron High School. Any opinions about this area? These are K. Hon Homes.

Finally, you guys know any good site for home builder ratings in 2012 for DFW? What are your opinons of:

David Weekly
K Hov
American Legend
Plantation

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Willsson; 05-05-2013 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: Racial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM

81 posts, read 136,169 times
If you are going to be working in Lewisville, why not look in Flower Mound? Great schools and you can find just what you are looking for. It's a no brainer.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
There are some new row houses in coppell made by darling homes in your budget. Also the builders you list except plantation are decent builders. I don't know about plantation homes at all. David Weekley is best in that group. Agree with Morgan, flower mound could be a great location as well if not castle hills (not west or north).

I don't know what you mean by resale value due Moderator cut: Racial Do you mean you don't want to live in a community that has such a high % of a minority group? If valley ranch is any example, you won't even get a house at list price i.e. if it gets to the MLS system in the first place. However, it could also be because most of it feeds into coppell ISD.

Last edited by Willsson; 05-05-2013 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: Racial

Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
My Moderator cut: Racial friends say that they don't want to buy in Castlehills because Moderator cut: Racial . They want to live in diverse areas, living in Moderator cut: Racial would defeat the purpose to migrate to USA.

KHOV is the best in this list.

Last edited by Willsson; 05-05-2013 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Racial

Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM

36 posts, read 73,465 times
Sounds like you found Mustang Park. Yes, I would build in Mustang Park as long as the lot is away from the railroad tracks. If it's in the budget, I would build with Darling rather than K Hov.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,720 times
Thanks guys. What is your opinion on David weekly not negotiating with inventory houses from last oct/nov in riverside? I went flower mound today and all new homes were above 430 k. I need to be below 410 k. I am thinking of going with mustang park. Any recommendations for sites grading schools? This home has Indian creek elem, arbor creek middle, and Hebron high school.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manipulat0r View Post
Thanks guys. What is your opinion on David weekly not negotiating with inventory houses from last oct/nov in riverside? I went flower mound today and all new homes were above 430 k. I need to be below 410 k. I am thinking of going with mustang park. Any recommendations for sites grading schools? This home has Indian creek elem, arbor creek middle, and Hebron high school.
Well, you could always phone the sales agent and say you have an offer and give it your best shot at what you can pay. I once did this and just said my offer stands until I find another house to buy. I kept looking and about 3-4 days later they called me back and said OK. I think the David Weekly group knows the market and has enough data to develop policies that will meet their corporate goals. That said, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas