Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:26 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times

Advertisements

Background Screening Services, GroupOne

If you are denied employment because of information found in a Group One background check, the employer is suposed to send you the pre-printed Adverse Impact letters that are on Group One's website. These letters have information on how to dispute the information found, and your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act as it applies to third-party background checks like these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 01:35 AM

6 posts, read 28,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue7298 View Post
I am also having problems finding a job in texas. I have 25yrs experience and I have never been terminated but I did leave my last job very unsatisfied and they were aware of it. Any chance they could have put me in this group one. No one told me they did.
did you ever find out anything? Can anything be done if you were reported unfairly? I think I am in the same situation.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,915 times
It seems that I may be in the same boat as so many other nurses in the DFW area. I am on unemployment and have not been able to get hired for months. I have had interviews and great talks with recruiters and then they never call back. A few nights ago I told my husband I felt like there is a black mark by my name somewhere. That same night I found a posting about Group One on allnurses.com. I had never heard of them before, but my eyes have sure been opened now.

I have been reading post after post here as well as on allnurses and nurseconnect.com. The more I read the more infuriated I get. There are so many patients that are not being taken care of properly due to vacant jobs. Now with the new healthcare legislation there will be even more patients coming into the system, who is going to take care of them when there are so many of us unable to find employment because of this absurd agency. We have worked hard for our license. We have sacrificed time, money, friends, family. We must join together and fight back. That being said, let me relate my story.

I was an LPN for many years, and have recently obtained my RN license. About a month before graduation, my home health agency fired me without warning and never told me they fired me. They pulled me off my case while I was out of state for a week for school. They left me vm and sent email saying they pulled me off the case and to call to talk about things. Well, I was in touch with them via email and went into the office to do some paperwork a week later. While there they told me a lame reason for taking me off my case (never even got to say goodbye to my pt after almost a year which was very hard!) the recruiter said he would email me info. on some new cases. Never heard anything again. A few weeks later I sent him email asking why I had not heard from him and asked if I was fired and not notified. No response. So I filed for unemployment. I was an employee in good standing. Never had a bad review or complaint from a pts. family, so my guess is they did not want to raise my salary from LVN to RN.

Anyway, after filing the TWC officer called me to get my side of the story and told me the employer said that I quit without notice the week I was out of town. So, I provided them emails that showed I was in contact with them after that date. I also explained that I was in the office 2 weeks later and that my name and date were all over 2 patients charts. So, if I had quit, why on earth would I have gone into the office to do patient related paperwork. Well, they then changed their story to say that it was work force reductions. I won my claim. A few weeks later I was notified that they appealed TWC's decision stating again that I quit without notice. When the hearing date came they never showed up. I believe that they reported me to Group one. I am now waiting for my report to see what damage has been done. For anyone needing their report you must contact them in writing, provide your address, phone, full date of birth, social security number, sign and print your name. The address is Group One Services: 250 Decker Drive, Irving, TX 75062. 800-683-0255. Texas workforce commission suggested contacting the Commissioner and the Attorney General. I will post more as I find out more information.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 AM

4 posts, read 24,623 times
Default Your are here..

You're missing the point.
If there was something in print that said. "This nurse has been black listed" there wouldn't be all this confusion and speculation.

When you have a resume any hospital in the country would kill for, you were a charge or supervisor, all your evaluations are stellar and suddenly you can't find work. And you happen to ****-off someone at your last hospital. What other conclusion would you come up with.

Also considering the position you were turned down for is still posted weeks and months afterward. And no one returns your email queries.
Read the posts, there are many stories online that leave one conclusion.

To hear the pompus few claim Group One is only keeping the deviates and dangerous nurses out are missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Background Screening Services, GroupOne

If you are denied employment because of information found in a Group One background check, the employer is suposed to send you the pre-printed Adverse Impact letters that are on Group One's website. These letters have information on how to dispute the information found, and your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act as it applies to third-party background checks like these.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
I'm an HR Director at a hospital and I use Group One for our staff's background checks. Believe me when I say there is NO such thing as "black listing" on Group One! If you have a problem with a Group One reference, follow the link I sent above and do their interactive dispute process. If the employer won't call you back, etc. maybe they just didn't like you and it had nothing to do with Group One. I've noticed a lot of employers who never bother to send out "no thanks" letters anymore. Also, some employers will still call a former supervisor and try to get a personal reference in addition to Group One, so maybe that is your problem...

Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 AM

4 posts, read 24,623 times
Default I would like to.

Please post this "interactive dispute process" link again.
Thank you.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 AM

1 posts, read 8,702 times
Does the group 1 report on nurse practitioners or PAs?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM

35 posts, read 147,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npkcf View Post
Does the group 1 report on nurse practitioners or PAs?
I'm not sure about NPs or PAs, but I used to volunteer in the volunteer office at a local hospital and they used Group One to check out prospective volunteers so it definitely has more than just nurses.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM

6 posts, read 25,401 times
Just found out today I'm on the list... this thread's been dead for a while but I hope someone still checks it out and can help.

I have interviewed with 5 HCA hospitals in the DFW area... interviews went great.. got the "you'll hear from HR with an offer" speil and then BAM. never hear anything else... Well, yesterday one HR manager called to ask me about three things showing on Group1... That's the first I've ever heard of this!! I explained the situations and she said she'd notify the hiring manager and see what she wanted to do...

This morning got an email "Thanks but we're pursuing other candidates"... so yeah. It does keep you from getting a job in that sense. I'm not a crook or a felon. Got my first speeding ticket this year. Never hurt a patient or fired for breaking policy...

Item #1 - two years ago I applied to Baptist in San Antonio - after interviewing and having an offer made I called to decline since I wouldnt be moving there after all. HR assured me everything was fine and I could always feel free to reapply in the future. Know what happened? I got reported as "No show to hospital orientation." LIE

Item #2 - two years ago I went to work for a hospital in TYLER (NOT EVEN IN DFW!!!!!) The night charge nurse had it out for me.. call it personality differences or maybe she didnt want a guy on the unit who knows.. she began writing me up for EVERYTHING she could think of... I kept having to meet with the manager... get coached... etc.. and finally after her making me first admit 5 shifts in a row (with an admit each shift) I got fed up and quit. Didn't give a two week notice. I KNOW now that that was a bad decision... but at the time the conditions were HORRIBLE. Now I'm flagged for "Quit without notice."

Item #3: Worked in LONGVIEW, TX (Again not DFW - wth???) worked there about two months... was driving back home to Shreveport... fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road on I-20... as I'd almost done many times before. Decided I couldnt do that to myself anymore. I was afraid of confrontation so again didnt give a two weeks notice. I have everywhere SINCE then... just made two bad decisions with two week notice. It's not like i injured a patient or stole narcs, etc. Just a bad decision... know what? Flag # 3 for "Failure to give notice"... so now I'm screwed.

Question - is Group One only used by DFW hospitals? Like - if I moved to Houston could I get a job?
Question - How long does this stay on your report? If they truly fall under the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) then isnt negative information only allowed to stay 7 years as with other credit reports??

My travel contract (which I used to "relocate to dallas") is up in January... kind of freaking out since I just got an apartment and everything else in preparation of relocating....

Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM

6 posts, read 25,401 times
Also, as far as lawsuits go - I checked PACER (Public access to court electronic records) and a few have challenged them. Unfortunately the suits were 2001 and older so not all documents could be found... i checked out the judgements on a couple and it looks like they settled out of court.. in other words GroupOne paid for a vacation... It can be done apparantly. We just have to band together and start actually DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If enough sue and win they'll change their practices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas