Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 PM

7 posts, read 13,083 times

Advertisements

I am looking at buying a house in Canyon Creek/Prairie Creek area in Richardson. I noticed there is a railroad track there which crosses Campbell Road near Custer. Does anyone know what is the frequency of trains on this line so I can decide whether to buy a house next to this rail line ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 07:17 PM

4 posts, read 19,760 times
The impact of the train is very marginal, since they can only run during the day (probably 8am-8pm), are not allowed to blow the horn, or travel over a few miles an hour. I suggest finding out when it is going to run and checking it out for yourself. I have never noticed the train, unless I am outside and within 100 yards of it. I would be more concerned with the noise from the Dart/75, if you were to purchase on the other side of the park.
Having said that, it was initially a concern for myself and others as well...so I do know where you are coming from. However, it is definitely not something you should worry about. Best of luck!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:53 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegotodallas View Post
The impact of the train is very marginal, since they can only run during the day (probably 8am-8pm), are not allowed to blow the horn, or travel over a few miles an hour. I suggest finding out when it is going to run and checking it out for yourself. I have never noticed the train, unless I am outside and within 100 yards of it. I would be more concerned with the noise from the Dart/75, if you were to purchase on the other side of the park.
Having said that, it was initially a concern for myself and others as well...so I do know where you are coming from. However, it is definitely not something you should worry about. Best of luck!

Probably irrelevant to the OP this late, but I used to live right on those tracks and hardly ever noticed it. It was many years ago, but it would be hard to imagine the frequency increasing.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,435 times
Hey guys,

My wife and I just purchased a home in Canyon Creek which backs up to the railroad tracks. Before we purchased the home we wanted to make sure the tracks were not going to be an issue. We did a couple of things. First, we had the opportunity to speak with the previous owner and the tree guy (no bias) separately about what they thought of the train. Owner couldn't give us an exact time it came by but thought it came by in the morning, maybe mid day and at night. Tree guy only happened to see the train when he looked up one time, he did not hear it before he happened to see it. Second, we spoke with a neighbor next door, she could only hear the train when working in her backyard. She also did not know the train schedule but said it is not loud nor does it shake the ground or anything you would usually expect from a train. She could not hear the train inside either. Third, we had to see for ourselves so we camped out a couple times in hopes it would come by. Surely enough it came by once at 6pm. It was a small train, it was 100yds away before I even heard it. I quickly pulled out my phone and video taped the train for you guys. I have attached the video for you guys. I hope this saves you the time and any hassle!

FYI:
Before we saw the train we also called the rail line company. It is owned by "Aberdeen Carolina & Western Railway Company" and operates on the Kansas City railway. I spoke with a gal with ACWR, she also did not know the time the train would come and expressed it comes around certain times but is determined by when the cargo is ready to be picked up from various costumers. She also said it only runs locally and does not run Sundays and is not allowed to drive fast or toot its horn. Their number is 910-974-4219.

We enjoy Canyon Creek and hope you will too. We have yet to hear the train inside. Please follow the link to see the video:
https://youtu.be/Ft7dPONl5hc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas