Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,253 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are going to be moving from Chicago down to Texas I will be working in west plano and her in fort worth. My question is what is a good area in between so we can split the difference in travel. Also if anyone knows of good apartment complexes under $700 or so a month since for a little while we will be on a narrow budget until we get settled. Thank you all ahead of time for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:51 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Are schools a concern?
Irving might be a good solution if you din't need the public schools and there are apartments there in your budget but they are in some pretty downtrodden sections.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:04 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
No matter where you go, one or both of you will have a really rotten commute. As you may already know, west Plano and Fort Worth are at almost opposite ends of the DFW area (NE and SW).

Just glancing at a map and thinking about areas, maybe somewhere in Irving. Maybe Grapevine, but I don't know if the apt. complexes in that price range there qualify as "good" Where in Ft. Worth will wife be working?

And thanks for joining the cavalcade of ex-Chicagoans who have relo'd to Texas.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,253 times
Not sure exactly where is fort worth we work for costco so wherever the fort worth costco is located if that helps and I can do more for rent just trying to stay a little lower but I'm more just looking for a good town for kids (hope for some soon) and the commute I know will suck for both of us just trying to figure everything out where for now until the new fort worth costco opens and I can transfer down closer to her

Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
OMG. That commute is going to be horrible!!! The Plano Costco is at the Tollway and Park, and the Fort Worth Costco is on Hulen SOUTH of I20!! I really don't see how both of you are going to be able to do this... Could one of you get transferred to the Southlake or Lewisville Costco? That would still be a far commute, but it would be a lot less that between Plano and Fort Worth.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
To answer the question:

Arlington, Grand Prairie, North Richland Hills, Euless, Hurst, Bedford. All are within approximation half way between your destinations. Commutes will be murder, and will get old quickly, but it can be done.

Good luck. Welcome to Texas.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
There is also a Costco in East Plano on Central between Parker & Spring Creek. For the sake of our OP and his wife, I hope that he really is at the West Plano Costco, or he adds more time to the commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas