Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London29 View Post
Thanks for all the infos about the neighborhood. I am now officially your neighbour

I saw that there were signs about some 24h camera surveillance. Is it present in every street ? Is the neighborhood safe in general ? Have you ever heard of any break-ins ? I know that Lakeside is prone to those.

Do they have community events ? Such as luncheons... Thanks again !
Great to hear.... so you are moved in, that was quick. Welcome

Neighborhood is very safe, I am not aware of any issues in our 2.5 years living here.

The 24h camera surveillance is a recent add but not in response to any issue. The neighborhood does not have a common pool area as Lakeside and community wide events have been hit or miss and mostly miss since we have been living here. A Halloween party last year is the only one I recall. Our street gets together periodically on no planned schedule just when someone is up to hosting or when someone new moves in our street. Great neighbors and very convenient area, close to the places you noted below as well as Legacy and Far N. Dallas as well. Welcome!

My wife fell off a ladder Monday and fractured her hip and wrist. She will be going to rehab for a few weeks soon so we are out of the social circle for a couple of months most likely. I can report Baylor Plano hospital has been great, in every way. Wonderful staff, facility and well designed. My wife has some complicated medical issues so her primary MD's are in Baylor near DT. They can monitor her results as needed so we have a convenient local location but with access to some great physicians elsewhere in the Hospital at large.

I hope you enjoy CWB as much as we have and that the neighbors are as welcoming as our street was to us. I attended a HOA annual meeting the first few months here which helped get a feel for what was going on. Did you signup for the recently activated CWB web site? IRRC, you can locate the site and sign up by address and name, which will let you in once the HOA knows you are the new home owner. It has not been very active yet and is a new feature.

One more note on security, we have an alarm which my mother in law who lives with us, tends to sent off accidentally on occasion. We have been more than pleased with the quick response time and professionalism of the Plano Police in those instances. We also had an accident when a teen ran a red light and totaled the sports car we were in. Again Plano Police were great, took us home since our car was not driveable and the dealer repair facility was not open at that time.

Welcome again! We love W. Plano living and hope you do too.

Last edited by Johnhw2; 06-04-2013 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM

171 posts, read 358,834 times
Johnhw2, thanks for the infos and so sorry to hear that your wife fell off the ladder and hurt herself. I hope that by now she is feeling better.

It has been a long time since I haven't posted anything on City-data Texas... A member of my family is very ill and it is preoccupying me a great deal... It happened right after my post.

We haven't moved in yet, But soon! The inspection went through well and we should be closing by the end of the week.
I used the term " Ofiicially" at the time the offer had been accepted.

We are very excited about the idea of moving to Plano and very much looking forward to it.

Once again, thanks for the very useful informations and I wish your wife a fast and quick recovery.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by London29 View Post
Johnhw2, thanks for the infos and so sorry to hear that your wife fell off the ladder and hurt herself. I hope that by now she is feeling better.

It has been a long time since I haven't posted anything on City-data Texas... A member of my family is very ill and it is preoccupying me a great deal... It happened right after my post.

We haven't moved in yet, But soon! The inspection went through well and we should be closing by the end of the week.
I used the term " Ofiicially" at the time the offer had been accepted.

We are very excited about the idea of moving to Plano and very much looking forward to it.

Once again, thanks for the very useful informations and I wish your wife a fast and quick recovery.

Sad to hear about your family illness at this already stressful time. I hope things improve quickly.

My wife is making good progress, finally home from rehab!

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy CWB as much as we have.

I am on the north end of CWB so not too close to where I suspect your home is but let me know if we can do anything to help with your transition neighbor! When I was working in international oil and gas, I traveled frequently to London you prior home IIRC and visited Paris on occasion for work as well. Welcome to Plano and CWB.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:05 PM

10 posts, read 9,307 times
"Unfortunately Creeks of Willow Bend is zoned to Centennial."

"UNFORTUNATELY"!!!, no it is hugely FORTUNATE that CWB is zoned for Centennial! Brinker elemenatary is terrible. Administration is rude and inflexible and intolerant. I know. Before we moved to Texas, we came to Plano on a house hunting trip and saw houses zoned to Brinker, Barksdale, and Centennial. Barksdale and Centennial were extremely open and helpful with tours and visiting the school during schoold hourse and talking with teachers. Brinker would not give us the time of day when they realized our child would not atttend until the following year. We were buying a home now, not next year! When they finally relented for a tour, they insisted on after school and we could not see anything but KG. Wow, great salesmanship. I know many parents who are not happy with Brinker, 'unfortunately' they live in that zone. I don't know what vibes you are picking up???

Our son is at Centennial and we are happy with the whole package there. The PTA is extraordinary in their commitment and the teachers are great..

As to the CWB, we love this neighborhood. Everyone's great. It's safe, quiet, and friendly!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,046 times
I am partial to Barksdale myself but in Brinker's defense, its a fine school as well. To be honest none of these schools have to do sales pitches, they already have stellar reputation from KG-12 to sell area homes for them. However, I understand that you had a bad experience for some reason but no reason to trash a good school. All three schools are solid institutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas