U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 PM

22 posts, read 42,893 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are looking to buy appliances for our new house-refrigerator, washer and dryer. This is our first time so we dont have any ideas where to begin.

Which are the good stores to buy- home depot, sears..any other?
What are the good brands? I am leaning towards GE or Samsung(for refrigerator) but not sure.
Any good time to buy when we can get discounts (like 4th july sales)?
Any particular models?

Any other tips welcome.
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 PM

2,825 posts, read 3,803,906 times
Your best bet is to get some scratch and dent products. They usually still have a warranty and are in perfect working order for hundreds less. Most places will have them(Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, etc) you will just need to ask where they are located when you go to the store. Good luck!

Last edited by bencronin04; 06-19-2013 at 01:19 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM

19,867 posts, read 59,241,308 times
Rodenbaugh's has scra tree ch and dent and they service what they sell.

Go to the library and look for Consumer Reports annual issue with all the reviews.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM

96 posts, read 173,065 times
GE is good. You can look at Sears.com for reviews and deals. Rodenbaugh, Home Depot and Lowes may have some sale going on. Ken more is good, Sears tag but GE manufacturing.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM

277 posts, read 574,101 times
If you're moving from an old place to the new house, have you done a change of address with the Post Office? The USPS will send you a coupon package with 10% off coupons to Home Depot and Lowes which you can apply towards your appliances. These stores also have some good promotions going on like no tax and free delivery during the holiday's like 4th July. Also check for rebates too for additional savings.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM

10,346 posts, read 22,013,491 times
When I replaced all of the appliances in my house, I used Sears. Find a good salesperson and work with them, and they will let you know when the store will be having big sales.

GE and Samsung are both good brands. I personally went with all KitchenAid appliances.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,123,524 times
I just deleted a email from Home Depot with discounts on appliances. Wouldn't hurt to drop by a local store to what's on the floor.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM

6,257 posts, read 13,977,427 times
Sears Outlet is where all the scratch and dent stuff from Sears ends up, there's a couple outlets around the metroplex.

Not all places carry all products. Best Buy carries Samsung, but it's either Lowe's or Home Depot does not. Fry's Electronics has a big selection as well, and typically the lowest or near the lowest price, and they price match.

We got our Samsung refrigerator from Best Buy a few years ago when they were doing a sale, normal price was $1700 and it was on sale for $1200. As far as washer and dryer goes, I've always had good results with Whirlpool. We didn't want a front loading washer either, way too complex and annoying for what should be as simple an appliance as possible. We also thought it was silly to pay a ton of money for a Samsung/LG/whatever brand in some designer color with a lot of electronic bells and whistles. They are supposed to wash clothes, not be conversation pieces!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:48 PM

2,825 posts, read 3,803,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Sears Outlet is where all the scratch and dent stuff from Sears ends up, there's a couple outlets around the metroplex.

Not all places carry all products. Best Buy carries Samsung, but it's either Lowe's or Home Depot does not. Fry's Electronics has a big selection as well, and typically the lowest or near the lowest price, and they price match.

We got our Samsung refrigerator from Best Buy a few years ago when they were doing a sale, normal price was $1700 and it was on sale for $1200. As far as washer and dryer goes, I've always had good results with Whirlpool. We didn't want a front loading washer either, way too complex and annoying for what should be as simple an appliance as possible. We also thought it was silly to pay a ton of money for a Samsung/LG/whatever brand in some designer color with a lot of electronic bells and whistles. They are supposed to wash clothes, not be conversation pieces!.
Huh?

Samsung*at The Home Depot

Shop samsung at Lowes.com: Search Results!

Also, we love our LG washer and dryer. It's a front load dryer and top load washer with glass. The bells and whistles are nice, especially with the steam rack. Also the fact that the machine can measure the correct amount of water needed for the load is a plus as well!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM

6,954 posts, read 20,499,234 times
I have found great floor models for sale at Best Buy. Phone around and see who has some. Even though my personal fridge is a Samsung, I have learned to always get GE's for my rental houses because they are much cheaper to repair and live longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas