Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times

Advertisements

Reports show contamination extends beyond borders of closed Exide plant in Frisco | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

This thing is the gift that keeps on giving...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM

170 posts, read 373,995 times
This should be taken care of but you have to give it to the buyers who bought there well knowing that its in their backyard. Some people would do any thing for new dry wall.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM

92 posts, read 169,978 times
They were getting a new house and a deal. How could they say no, it was just a teeny tiny toxic plant.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
It's like North Arlington people who bought near the sewage treatment plant then complained about the smell.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,179 times
Is information like this publicly disclosed to buyers so they are aware of things like this? Are there websites that will show what is happening in specific towns, so future buyers (like myself) can look and see what may pop up in the future?

I understand if something is existing and you KNOW its there, you are taking a chance. As a future buyer, do you look for closed plants, chemical plants.....is well water and septic common in the DFW area.

Even though I like newer homes, I wouldn't knowingly put "sheetrock" over safety. But if these buyers or residents were misled, wonder if they will get any recourse.

As a side note..anything funky going on in allen? LOL

Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM

504 posts, read 801,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
Is information like this publicly disclosed to buyers so they are aware of things like this? Are there websites that will show what is happening in specific towns, so future buyers (like myself) can look and see what may pop up in the future?

I understand if something is existing and you KNOW its there, you are taking a chance. As a future buyer, do you look for closed plants, chemical plants.....is well water and septic common in the DFW area.

Even though I like newer homes, I wouldn't knowingly put "sheetrock" over safety. But if these buyers or residents were misled, wonder if they will get any recourse.

As a side note..anything funky going on in allen? LOL
Here you go.

http://www.leadfreefrisco.com/wp-con...pLocations.pdf

Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,179 times
..thanks...we don't know where we are buying..going to find a rental for a year and figure out the area...thanks for the link.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,614 times
Since there is no hard data in the news article, it is just a puff piece.

No PPM readings in either soil or water. Nothing scientific quoted, just more hysterics from the scientific illiterates in DMN and some shadowy group.

And this:

Quote:
The crew found the first piece of potential slag about 3,200 feet east of FM423. From there, sightings were mostly single battery chips or pieces of potential slag. Just east of 4th Army Memorial Road, the crew left the creek and cut through a neighborhood park behind Stewart Creek Estates. They found some battery chips there under the trees in plain view of homes and a playground.
Can be said about any industrial site. A piece here and a piece there. Pieces of plastic. A piece of metal.

I can find much worse on just about any farm in the area or behind any auto parts store.

And look at this. Now that the plant is closed, we will have lots more of these accidents as batteries are transported longer distances.

I-90 W Lanes Reopen After Battery Acid Spill | FOX8.com

I wonder what a FOIF request would show about collusion between the local EPA and local eco groups? Lets not forget how the EPA has falsified many, many lab reports on fracking. This is the Trayvon Martin tactic at work on a local industry that had a very good safety record and a very clean testing record.

It was the EPA that lowered the standards and Frisco who refused to give Exide the permit to retrofit to meet the standard. It was Exide that paid for extensive testing which found no issues.

And let's not forget that the regional EPA director was forced to resign recently.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM

96 posts, read 194,279 times
Allen has sewage treatment plants near Custer & Bridgewater and another in Stacy area because they aren't part of North Texas Sewage District for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas