Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,097 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Dallas from out of state and looking for possible apartment options by doing a combination of quick drive throughs when I'm in town on business, and online searching.
Although I'll be working WAY up north (SRT & North Tollway) I'd prefer to live in the Park Cities / Oaklawn area if possible.
On recent trips to the area it looks like there are many new complexes under construction that I assume will be opening at the end of the year or early next year.
My move date is end of February 2014 so I'm hoping to catch something as this glut of new places comes online. I'd like to spend as little as possible and still be safe and not ashamed of where I live ($750.00 - $950.00 for a efficiency or 1 bedroom) and being a sane, mature adult I'd like to live around the same.

Any news along these lines would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 03:46 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Welcome to Texas!

I use to work off Legacy and The North Dallas Tollway. The commute is long, and gets old fast, but I think this area offers a lot more to younger single people than anything up there.

There are a lot of new places coming up: Illume Park, Magnolia at Wycliff, District 1444, and 3 or 4 more between Cedar Springs and Maple.

Here's a map of Dallas development: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...fa64c3b088f053
Zoom in on the Oak Lawn area, and click the red zones. The red zone are mostly apartment building that are under construction or nearly completed. Then google the name of the project to find out pricing and opening dates.

The days of brand new $750 a month studios in Oak Lawn are over

Even in the Design District that's hard to find. You'll be looking at the top of your budget or a little over $1000 to get everything you want, and keep in mind the valet trash fees, and renters insurance. Here's what brand new on the border of Highland Park costs: Overview | Park 4200 Apartment For Rent in Dallas, TX 75219

Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
You may be able to find a subleaseed room for that amount in Park Cities, but even that would be a stretch.

Oaklawn may be a bit easier, but it will definitely be an older building with few amenities. The best way is to drive around and look for the little signs on the lawns- the internet ads get way more traffic and competition. Good luck.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
Forget about glut of anything, and nothing at that price point. Maybe a room in a garage apartment? You need to be looking at some older, maybe around 15-10 years old complexes in north Dallas, Addison and Plano.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,462,644 times
Goodness have the prices at 4200 skyrocketed. I remember looking at these when they first opened and a one bedroom could be have for hundreds less then they are asking. I just couldn't bring myself to only living a few blocks away from my parents....LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: