Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times

Advertisements

I know this is an economic boon for Frisco, but is there really a compelling reason to move 1) further away from their home stadium and 2) further from what seems a perfect location in its own right, near the center of the metroplex and presumably their fan base? Also, will the Gaylord Texan remain the organization's official hotel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 06:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This is a win/win for Frisco. Frisco ISD gets a dome stadium on the weekends and the Cowboys get it during the week. I'm sure the split the cost which helps both parties. I can see this becoming a trend. Allen payed mega-bucks for it's highschool stadium and it sits vacant the vast majority of the time. I would be nice to split that cost with someone else.
So is Pizza Hut Park going to lose business now?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Why can't they practice in Valley Ranch like they used to? At least its in Dallas County.

Its not about costs...well maybe with the school district. Jerry has the money to do what ever he wants where ever he wants.
Why should Jerry pay for things when all the surrounding suburbs are dumb enough to? Arlington approved a huge bond to entice The Cowboys to move to Arlington, and they're still called The DALLAS Cowboys. Pretty dumb if you ask me. The city leaders over there promised major development around the stadium, and increased tax revenue, I think that area has actually lost restaurants, and it's still as lame as it was before.

Honestly, I could care less where they move. As long as I'm not contributing to it.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
So is Pizza Hut Park going to lose business now?
Pizza Hut dropped their sponsorship and thus the naming rights a year or so ago. It is now known as FC Dallas Stadium, the Dallas MLS franchise will still use it for their home games. It seats over 20k, the new Cowboys stadium is proposed as 12k to 15k, so it is larger.

About FC Dallas Stadium | FC Dallas

With Frisco opening a new high school every other year the ISD stadium, the soccer stadium and this stadium will all be in use most every weekend in the fall. I don't see how this will hurt the soccer stadium whatsoever.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Moderator cut: Off topic - Cowboys training facility

Texans won their first pre-season opener, Dallas didn't.

Texans also made it to the playoffs the past 2 years in a row. They've only been a team for a little over 10 years now. Not excellent statistics, but good none the less. They're definitely a team to watch out for. They've got some great players & coaches.

Jerry probably wishes he kept Wade Philips now & let him coach instead of calling the shots from behind the scenes.

Dallas Cowboys are a relic of the past. They'll be hosting Super Bowls from now on instead of going to them.

Last edited by Willsson; 08-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Orphan quote, Off topic - Cowboys training facility

Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM

420 posts, read 705,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Texans won their first pre-season opener, Dallas didn't.

Texans also made it to the playoffs the past 2 years in a row. They've only been a team for a little over 10 years now. Not excellent statistics, but good none the less. They're definitely a team to watch out for. They've got some great players & coaches.

Jerry probably wishes he kept Wade Philips now & let him coach instead of calling the shots from behind the scenes.

Dallas Cowboys are a relic of the past. They'll be hosting Super Bowls from now on instead of going to them.

The Cowboys did win their preseason opener. It was against the Dolphins in the Hall of Fame game, not the Raiders. They are 1-1. And preseason is meaningless.

The Texans definitely are good and a team to watch out for, but they are not worldbeaters. Jerry doesn't wish he had kept Wade Phillips, but he might wish he kept Parcels around. Parcels put in place most of the real talent that's still on the Cowboys roster today.

The Dallas Cowboys have been mediocre for 14 years, but I will bet anyone any sum of money they will see a Superbowl again before the Texans. Houston doesn't have it in them to go to a Superbowl. They couldn't get there with a more storied and historic franchise in the Oilers, you're not getting there with the Texans.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:30 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
The Cowboys did win their preseason opener. It was against the Dolphins in the Hall of Fame game, not the Raiders. They are 1-1. And preseason is meaningless.

The Texans definitely are good and a team to watch out for, but they are not worldbeaters. Jerry doesn't wish he had kept Wade Phillips, but he might wish he kept Parcels around. Parcels put in place most of the real talent that's still on the Cowboys roster today.

The Dallas Cowboys have been mediocre for 14 years, but I will bet anyone any sum of money they will see a Superbowl again before the Texans. Houston doesn't have it in them to go to a Superbowl. They couldn't get there with a more storied and historic franchise in the Oilers, you're not getting there with the Texans.
Your last paragraph is as stupid as anything metro matt has said. Yeah. New Orleans could never win one either.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:37 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:

That's right they did. We'll see who Texas' team is come the 29th & from there on after this season.

All the Super Bowl rings in the world are meaningless unless you're winning which is something Dallas hasn't been doing since the 90's. I do like their new quarter back though, he's a Youtube sensation. At least he can throw the ball. LOL

Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Why should Jerry pay for things when all the surrounding suburbs are dumb enough to? Arlington approved a huge bond to entice The Cowboys to move to Arlington..
Jerry sucked up the overruns on that stadium to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Arlington put in $325 million, the NFL 150 million, and Jerry paid the rest. The original cost was to be 650 million or so - and the final cost was 1.15 billion.

You do the math.

Jerry lived up to his commitments on that stadium. It hurt but he did it and never complained.

That puts him ahead of 99.99% of most people in terms of character.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 AM

50 posts, read 98,973 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the Texans will never be Texas's team. Yeah, yeah, Jerry Jones sucks. If I were to quit being a Cowboy fan tomorrow (which I won't, because I'll outlive Jerry by 50 years and I'm not going to come crawling back like most fairweather bandwagoners when they go to a Superbowl again), I wouldn't root for a second fiddle expansion team. Texans won't ever be the franchise the Oilers were, much less the Cowboys.
The Cowboys and Texans are like the Yankees and Mets. Even if the Cowboys were terrible, I think they would still be the first team people think of when they think of a football team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas