Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 AM

875 posts, read 1,093,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
I think one word might some up the op's question: Transplants.
No, I think the phrase, "stuck in a time warp" is more appropriate.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM

149 posts, read 386,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I've never before heard the word 'grandeur' associated with Plano! Perhaps 'delusions' should be linked with that.
Ask your average Dallasite which is more prestigious and desirable - Plano (particularly West Plano) or Lakewood, and I can assure you the former carries more clout.

Lakewood is outshadowed by the Park Cities, North Dallas, and Preston Hollow and suburban areas.

I think the one suffering from 'delusions' is you.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yep. Those that think Plano, Frisco and McKinney don't have some pretty bad parts............. lol, I can take them on a drive. There are some REALLY rough parts of town in all of those. You think any of them realize that each of those places has a trailer park? Garland does not . It looks just as bad as a bad part of Garland and in some cases worse. I mean, Garland is the 10th largest city in the state so it is going to have a WIDE range of areas.
So true! Here's an interesting quote regarding Plano... straight from:

Plano, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"While Plano has been known for many years as being an affluent suburb populated by wealthy citizens, this image has begun to change in recent years. Some of the older subdivisions in Plano are beginning to deteriorate as residents are moving to newer communities on the fringes of Plano, and a large influx of illegal aliens into the city's eastern half have changed the demographics of the city. Because of the scarcity of developable land in Plano, nearby cities such as Frisco and Allen are now attracting wealthy citizens and builders of luxury homes. While Plano continues to have extremely affluent citizens living in the western half of the city, today, the majority of Plano citizens are clearly members of the United States middle to upper-middle class."

Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
I was nowhere near Plano today:

Live grenades found near Josephine | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/111207dnmetgrenades.2018c2eaf.html - broken link)

Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM

875 posts, read 1,093,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I've never before heard the word 'grandeur' associated with Plano! Perhaps 'delusions' should be linked with that.
And I had never even heard of Lakewood, until I read your posts. Big deal.

Can you possibly get your nose in the air any higher?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
So true! Here's an interesting quote regarding Plano... straight from:

Plano, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First of all, wikipedia is not a reliable source of information. Secondly, Plano is still affluent - it has the highest median income of any city with over 250,000 people. The west side is the ultra affluent part.

So yes, while there are less desireable parts of Plano, such as parts of teh east side, this pales in comparison to the rundown areas of Dallas.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM

I think someone else started this -- and you seriously cannot think you know much about Dallas if you have never heard of Lakewood.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Saw this a couple of weeks ago

>>"While there are a lot of very substantial and commanding houses in Collin County, the variable that would consistently create a difference in value would be the land that these houses are on," says Dave Perry-Miller, a Realtor specializing in high-end homes.<<

Big D: Where the highest-dollar homes are - Dallas Business Journal:

Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM

I've never heard of it because despite your huge ego, it's really not that important. I can appreciate the areas' charm, and would never look down on any part of Dallas proper or the people who choose to live there, but your constant need to insult, generalize, and stereotype suburbanites demonstrates serious insecurity.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Whatever you say. I just don't see the need for all that sprawl up there, if you consider that 'insecure' then I am sure I cannot convince you otherwise.

If you grew up and lived in Dallas you would probably feel the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas