Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:03 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebookdigg123 View Post
I will be at North Campus. No specific time, but I have to drop my mom off at work near 121 and spring creek (since we only have 1 car in the house) by 8am. Which is why I cant use the Dart rail since its in the opposite direction.

Would driving down Midway be better than than DNT?
I've used Midway in the morning at times but just to get from Park to Frankford (and then still going to DNT). That portion seemed more or less ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 PM

148 posts, read 307,599 times
Thanks for all the help. Took an hr to get there this morning at 8am. 50 min on the way back at 5pm. Will try and leave earlier next time

Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM

443 posts, read 1,566,943 times
The answer is simple go to the denton county transit authority stop on hebron off of 121 in lewisville. That will join up with dart train and take you to UTSW. 15 minute drive to station, then it's a 45 minute train ride to UTSW from there and you have to transfer at trinity mills, but you're not fighting traffic.

Best advice I have beyond that is to leave before 7, you can get there in a little over 30 minutes at that time of morning. That's what I've always done when I had to head to the mockingbird/Stemmons area. Tollway to Mockingbird or Inwood in your case and over. 8am is just the worst time to try to go south out of Frisco or any of the northern burbs. If no flexibility on schedule, there are routes to get around traffic, but you can count on at least 45 minutes during the heat of rush hour. Leaving before 7 and before 4:30 help that greatly. Many days I've left downtown at 4:30 and got to hillcrest of 121 by 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas