U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM

609 posts, read 1,974,039 times

Advertisements

We are looking at moving to one one these areas.

Correct me if I am wrong. Frisco is busy, lots of traffic and higher RE prices than the others.

Prosper, expensive RE, but nice a quiet.

Melissa, very developed, lots of houses, as one said, boxes in a row.

Little Elm hard to get to and from, lots of traffic and some drug issues in town.

What would you recommend and why? I am retired, no need to commute, new comstruction under $160,000.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 05:20 PM

40 posts, read 241,738 times
Somebody answer this post please.
I need the same info as gregandvicky ask

Thanks You.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 AM

46 posts, read 187,100 times
You will find it difficult buying anything in Prosper in the price range you mention. Frisco will be difficult but possible. There are several homes off Hillcrest in East Frisco falling in that price range. If you are stuck on a new build and want West Frisco you could look into Meadowcreek (423 & Main) or Grayhawk on Eldorado. My advice would be to stay away from anything on Eldorado in Frisco & Little Elm all together. The traffic is unreal and while it will get help eventually, that doesn't help you now. Super Target and Walmart have just opened on the already congested 2 lane Eldorado. Personally, I do not like 95% of Little Elm. The homes off Walker are going to rentals very quickly. Drive through in the middle of the night and there are people wandering around which is strange for a suburb.

Frisco is chock full of young families. You will find very few retirees. There is a nice and relatively new senior center and also a bus service that takes seniors around town. If you want 0 yard you may also try Queen's Gate which is located on Rolater behind the Preston Kroger. It has several older residents there for certain. You should be able to find something in your price range there.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 AM

By the way, the smaller homes in Frisco always move fast. You should do okay on your investment in Frisco. Homes in Little Elm or Melissa definitely will not have as much interest or move as quickly. The other great thing I wanted to mention about the area off Hillcrest in Frisco is that it's very central to everything in Frisco. You can be at the mall, area restaurants, the new fitness center, newly built tollway or really anything in just a few minutes. The traffic is MUCH better in that area compared to the northwest section of town.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:18 PM

24 posts, read 96,746 times
Try Frisco Lake by Del Webb. They have homes in your price range.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Yes, you can find something in Frisco Lakes but tiny--1500 sf with ZERO (I do mean 0) upgrades will put you in about 160. If you need something immediately they have something ready to go for 195.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 PM

63 posts, read 342,872 times
Hi Greg & Vicky,

Are you both retired? If you are I would suggest considering Forney. It is growing in a great direction with preserving home values by building upscale shopping centers & attracting quailty developments. It is very nice & quiet here with a bit of the country feel with a lot of hometown spirit. We are also the Antique captial and have many interesting places to visit and browse. We have regular subdivisions and many custom homes on acre homesites which fit your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: