Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:56 AM

14 posts, read 25,460 times

Advertisements

Although it's starting to get a bit crowded, I would try to live in or near Lakewood (in Dallas). There are so many transplants there and everyone is very friendly. We live in Preston Hollow, moved here from the Northeast years ago. I can say that Lakewood would have put us in a more fun, casual, outdoor recreational type of area. Old Preston Hollow is great for big yards and A+ restaurants, but you will not meet a soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM

39 posts, read 65,798 times
If you want a more suburban feel with great schools and uber safe neighborhoods I would suggest southlake, grapevine, or coppell. Personally, I like coppell the best due to it having more trees, bigger lot sizes, and still plenty of shopping and food etc. If you want a more suburban mixed with city feel, then the North Dallas area near the Dallas North Tollway and Campbell Rd and Addison is nice. Irving is a bit of a mixed place. Some parts are super nice and others are not at all. Las colinas is very nice and is near a lot of hwys which makes it a great central location to get around the metroplex. As an interesting side note, irving was home to the most diverse zip code in america last year beating out queens, ny.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,154,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTnative07 View Post
Although it's starting to get a bit crowded, I would try to live in or near Lakewood (in Dallas). There are so many transplants there and everyone is very friendly. We live in Preston Hollow, moved here from the Northeast years ago. I can say that Lakewood would have put us in a more fun, casual, outdoor recreational type of area. Old Preston Hollow is great for big yards and A+ restaurants, but you will not meet a soul.
Lakewood is more "neighborhood" social than Preston Hollow since 80%++ of the kids are going to the neighborhood public elementary school (Lakewood Elem). Those PTA moms throw good parties in Lakewood! They also drink heavily at pretty much every PTA event (social or business) which I find a little off-putting.....

Preston Hollow is a different animal since 90-95%+ of the kids are going to the various private schools in and around the neighborhood. There, you'll find social activities through kids' schools, church/synagogue, or private clubs in Dallas.

For OP, I would recommend Park Cities, then Southlake based on whether their budget is larger or smaller. Lakewood to Las Colinas isn't a fun commute since it sucks to cross town east/west in our fair city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas