Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:38 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sericrafter View Post
We (are one of many who I know personally) moved away from Plano schools. We lived in Rice MS area for nearly 10 years and one of my kid did schooling there from K till 7th. The schooling in this zone has become nothing short of a circus, every other 'parent' trying to one up the other. Many teachers did not do any live teaching in middle school, they would play power points or literally read from their notes! These schools do very good because kids learn at home and outside tutoring.

The Plano schooling system is absolutely no different than FISD and many around this area, the noise is all because of the demographics and overly competitive parenting when it comes to academics. We are glad to move away from over crowded schools. Please do talk to many parents like us who have experienced the madness before deciding, we felt it was not a good schooling environment for our kids.

Yes, the new home does not hurt, but glad we moved. My son likes Vandeventer a lot better. Curtsinger Elementary this year for Richwoods overcrowded and if I am correct not taking any new enrollments for the year?! But the construction of McSpedden Elementary well underway, and should be good for next year.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...ols-sooner.ece
Thank you! This is what I have been saying for quite some time !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
Quote:
We (are one of many who I know personally) moved away from Plano schools. We lived in Rice MS area for nearly 10 years and one of my kid did schooling there from K till 7th. The schooling in this zone has become nothing short of a circus, every other 'parent' trying to one up the other. Many teachers did not do any live teaching in middle school, they would play power points or literally read from their notes! These schools do very good because kids learn at home and outside tutoring.

The Plano schooling system is absolutely no different than FISD and many around this area, the noise is all because of the demographics and overly competitive parenting when it comes to academics. We are glad to move away from over crowded schools. Please do talk to many parents like us who have experienced the madness before deciding, we felt it was not a good schooling environment for our kids.

Yes, the new home does not hurt, but glad we moved. My son likes Vandeventer a lot better. Curtsinger Elementary this year for Richwoods overcrowded and if I am correct not taking any new enrollments for the year?! But the construction of McSpedden Elementary well underway, and should be good for next year.

I guess for same reason some people prefer community colleges over Ivy universities, kids dont have to do hard work and parents can save money for a better lifestyle. I guess to each its own.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:14 AM

262 posts, read 468,833 times
Quote:

I am guessing that is exactly how the Frisco schools will be in the coming years due to the high volume of south asians moving into Richwoods/Lawler Park and near by sub-divisions.....

Old 10-21-2013, 04:49 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
I guess for same reason some people prefer community colleges over Ivy universities, kids dont have to do hard work and parents can save money for a better lifestyle. I guess to each its own.
That is the dumbest post I have seen so far from you and I thought I have seen worse from you. Difference between Plano and frisco schools is not CC vs Ivy. I guess your post will help people moving to frisco more. Great job! Please keep posting some nuggets like these....

Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,658 times
Quote:
Seriously.....how long have you been in Texas again ? That sounds so ignorant!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:37 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
Sarcasm sure is lost on CD audience.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Sarcasm sure is lost on CD audience.
Introspection is very important in life. May be try something else that you may be better at....

Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:

Gripe, that was going too far and you are about to be (rightly) roasted for that comment. We all know you love West Plano, but no need to put down other areas.

Moving on, it looks like Frisco is winning the battle of the next big thing after Plano. I have friends and family over in Frisco who all remark on the sheer numbers of Asians over there. Although I think Allen is fighting as hard as it can, and I see a lot of Asians over there as well, but I guess the one high school approach is killing them. McKinney is a distant fourth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: