Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 07:37 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,122,613 times

Advertisements

I live near Addison and am a Time Warner subscriber. The picture quality is abysmal, the service is terrible, and the HD stuff through the Tivo hardly ever works even though they've sent people out twice to fix it. I'm ready to ditch them, but aren't cable companies still monopolies here?

Do I have any other choice besides Time Warner? I'm so SICK of them, they SUCK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 07:42 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,760,342 times
Dish? DirectTV sucks too! Everytime we have a storm, it goes out.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM

686 posts, read 2,427,856 times
Check with AT&T....i know they are in some areas, but not sure which ones.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,604,340 times
Yes Time Warner does suck. Last week when they did the Channel switch, my cable AND internet was out all day long. When I called they gave me some lame excuse, that a line had been cut. But yet when it FINNALLY came back on, the channel switch had occured. Why didnt they just tell the truth. I better get credit for that day of outage.
The best cable provider I have ever had was Grande Communications, although I am unsure if the are in DFW area.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 AM

133 posts, read 533,322 times
We had Comcast, which changed to Time Warner. It was terrible. We had to have the box serviced at least once or twice a month it went out so much. Our internet went out at least once a week. It was ridiculous. We quickly got Verizon FiOS, and we love that. We've had no problems with it since we got it about a year ago.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 AM

Well...the deal now is I'm getting sound but no picture on half the cable channels through the box, and the channels I am getting are jumpy and static-y. I'm getting ZILCH through the cable cards that are in the Tivo (on the same TV); at first it was just the HD channels on the fritz.

I am SOFA KING SICK of this. I HATE them. They keep crediting my account on the days the cable is out (which is most days) but I want to watch the UT/A&M game and I can't pick up the channel it's on now...so I'm going to miss it. FOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
Check with AT&T....i know they are in some areas, but not sure which ones.
Great suggestion; they are available in my area and they won't have to stick a dish to the side of the house or drill holes in the walls. I called them and told them about the signal strength issues I'm having with Time Warner and they said it should not be a problem.

Yay...I think I'll order it today!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:38 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,707,787 times
Anyone w/ Time Warner will not be able to see the Cowboys game on Thursday. Only those w/ Verizon (we have Verizon FIOS and LOVE IT) or Dish will be able to get it.

Cable networks stink though. Verizon to'd me recently because they changed their programming for their guide and the menu options for OnDemand. Used to be SUPER easy to navigate w/ basically 2-3 steps and boom your watching the show you recorded or the movie you picked out. Not anymore. Now it takes a good 15 minutes just to scan the movies available if not more. URGH!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Anyone w/ Time Warner will not be able to see the Cowboys game on Thursday. Only those w/ Verizon (we have Verizon FIOS and LOVE IT) or Dish will be able to get it.

Cable networks stink though. Verizon to'd me recently because they changed their programming for their guide and the menu options for OnDemand. Used to be SUPER easy to navigate w/ basically 2-3 steps and boom your watching the show you recorded or the movie you picked out. Not anymore. Now it takes a good 15 minutes just to scan the movies available if not more. URGH!!!!!!!
Doesn't appear to be available in my area.

Basically I can try switching to AT&T U-verse or go with NOTHING, because I am not getting any cable at all at this point and Time Warner wants me to wait until TUESDAY to get some idiot technician out to my house to shrug, look at me, and make up some B.S. story about the "lines being old" or some BS like that.

I HATE TIME WARNER, DAMN THEM TO HELL I HATE THEM SO FOCKING MUCH AND I'M GOING TO MISS THE UT/A&M GAME BECAUSE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:55 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,388,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I think in the Dallas/Ft Worth market you can catch NFL Network games on Channel 27 when Dallas is playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas