U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 10:47 PM

61 posts, read 99,853 times

Advertisements

Ok, I had an interview with those two companies the same day and I got the job on both. Now I don't know wich one to decide for? Both companies offer me exactly the same thing, the difference its that one is closer to where I live and the other one is like 45mins - 1hour with traffic. Not only I want to know how is it to work for them, I want to know wich one is better from a customer perpective. Can somebody help??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 12:34 AM

13 posts, read 14,913 times
I actually used to work for Baja.

The experience really comes down to which store you will be at. The larger busy stores have a manager there the whole day while the slow stores the manager basically just comes by for maybe an hour to collect money and tell you to sell sell sell. LOL

Both companies essentially sell the same insurance companies and policies. Both are essentially the same. They pay the same, and overall treat you the same. I actually enjoyed working there. Except for the fact that I was working 60hrs a week (which is why I left.)

I think Baja is more customer service oriented than Amax. Baja gets a bad rep but it is just overwhelmed with too much business and not enough staff. Alot of people quit because some days are just non stop and it can get very stressful seeing a line of customers waiting and the phone ringing non stop. I think Baja has more potential also. They are larger and if you are a good agent, you can move up with time. Pay sucks but if you sell alot of policies you can just ask for a raise. All they care about is selling a policy. No matter what it takes. They won't just give you a raise, you have to ask.

Overall I enjoyed it. It depends alot on your coworkers. Some offices are full of drama, some are really laid back, and some are really strict. I worked at about 15 different offices so I experienced it all. I was treated well because I was always in the top 10% of sales in the company but if you don't sell or make too many mistakes you will get the boot.

Just try to learn quickly, there is alot of information to learn. Training is about a week and you should have it mostly down in this time. Be prepared to deal with really ignorant customers, and have alot of patience. You will constantly get "Hi I wan't that special you have on your window for $32." Yet they won't have licenses and expect those prices. HA! Be friendly and professional and if you don't know the answer to a customers question, act like you know what you are talking about. lol

Remember its a business and its all about numbers. The more you sell a policy for, the better for you and the company. The goal is to get as much money out of the customer as possible. (as terrible as that sounds)

Oh and some advice to impress the manager: Try to sell your first policy at $60 to $100 AF. Don't be scared to start high. You'll learn what that is once you start training. Good Luck!

Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,635 times
I worked for A-MAX for 5 years and I saw a lot of positive changes in the company. It has gotten quite structured and has a lot of growth opportunities to offer. I don't know anyone that works for Baja so I can't tell you what's it like to work for them but based on the the response of the above poster, I can tell you that A-MAX would be a better place cause their offices were not understaffed. Yes, certain offices get quite busy with walk in customers and phone calls but these busy periods come in waves. I personally like being busy so that was a plus for me. Also, A-MAX pay is based on performance so if you are dealing with more customers then you are likely to earn more income.

I think you're lucky to have two options to pick from so my advise is you call up both company's HR department and discuss your concerns with them. Maybe that way you will be able to make a better decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas