Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:58 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Talk about people not knowing how to drive in wintry conditions...that should know better.

PS - Where's the salt trucks and scraper trucks piggly-wiggly?
That's an insane clip. Driver after driver was slamming into the next guy.

I thought drivers in the North would drive slower in bad road conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,472,724 times
kenshi's 'Other Vehicle'...when he's not riding his moped

Nothing like scraping up your weiner.

Oh Lordy - I've got tears rolling down my cheek from laughing so hard...

Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
That's an insane clip. Driver after driver was slamming into the next guy.

I guess they all thought the salt truck had recently been by...

Old 12-10-2013, 08:34 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times
Pretty much back to normal here, Bst. We need to cut up some of the branches that fell, and I still worry a little when I pull in or out of the garage...seeing the videos I'm afraid the ice left of the roof is going to slide off onto my car! We're looking forward to the 50s, which is one of the things I LOVE about Dallas. We can have ice one week and 50s another. It's a nice break.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:46 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It came back online around 2pm on Saturday. But a day and a half without power SUCKED; I spent 2 nights on a friend's couch and I'm sure they were very glad to be rid of me!

Some people I know in east Dallas didn't get power until yesterday. It was awful for them. I guess the Casa Linda area was last on Oncor's list. No idea why. No frozen pipes at my house; I left my faucets dripping when I left on Thursday night. Canyon Creek in Richardson was without power until Monday morning.

Mine doesn't run on motors; the drop rods were stuck in the ground this morning so I poured warm water on them until I could force them up and out of the concrete. I dropped only one rod when I came back today. There's still water in the holes and it will freeze again tonight. I don't want to leave the gate open because of my dog. He loves to frolic (he's a tiny white dog so he doesn't run, he frolics) and I don't want to deny him that.
I wished our gate was motorized…thats the first thing I'm changing if we decide to keep this place. Anyhow, we don't have any pets, so it makes it a easier to leave open.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
From the news reports I've heard, their trucks are having as hard a time keeping up as they were in DFW.

Great to hear back that all of you are doing okay. And yes, after having 64-straight hours w/below freezing temps, and then w/more freezing low-temps for several days, a "heat-wave" with continuous above-freezing temps is definitely welcomed, TXNGL! Who knows, maybe even highcotton will eventually thaw out!

Enjoy!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
From the news reports I've heard, their trucks are having as hard a time keeping up as they were in DFW.

Great to hear back that all of you are doing okay. And yes, after having 64-straight hours w/below freezing temps, and then w/more freezing low-temps for several days, a "heat-wave" with continuous above-freezing temps is definitely welcomed, TXNGL! Who knows, maybe even highcotton will eventually thaw out!

Enjoy!
Highcotton won't thaw out until it's at least in the 80s.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
There was a lot of misc black ice spots on the road last night. We ran into an over turned truck on 114 headed back from Southlake. It took up every one of the east lanes on top of an overpass. Thankfully, there happened to be an exit you could take and cross the enter section and resume on 114. But there was another wreck almost soon as you got back on to 114.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Highcotton won't thaw out until it's at least in the 80s.
Correct - by saying 'at least'. High 80s!

Tending to my frostbite...

Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
There was a lot of misc black ice spots on the road last night. We ran into an over turned truck on 114 headed back from Southlake. It took up every one of the east lanes on top of an overpass. Thankfully, there happened to be an exit you could take and cross the enter section and resume on 114. But there was another wreck almost soon as you got back on to 114.
Traffic has been a nightmare. Absolute nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas