U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 09:35 AM

131 posts, read 275,149 times

Advertisements

Well, pre-ice storm, my tire was literally shredded by something on 35. I'm just going to buy all new tires. Can anyone suggest a good place to get tires & have them put on near Uptown/Downtown?

Am I better off ordering from somewhere online and then shipping them to someone to have them replaced or should I order direct from someone?

Suggestions?

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,264,438 times
I like Ross Tires at the corner of Ross and Greenville. It's not much to look at, but the guys are super nice with good prices. Good luck!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 AM

6,131 posts, read 6,740,739 times
All Discount Tires locations are excellent...

Old 12-09-2013, 11:12 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,428,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Ditto. I never used the Inwood location but always had good experience (both service and price wise) in many other locations. And they are usually open to a negotiation to a certain degree.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,362,803 times
I used the Discount on Inwood when we lived in Uptown and they went out of their way to order my tires. My truck uses a specific tire and they only had two in stock. So they had to order the other two which ended up coming from two different states. They had the complete set ready to mount in 3 days!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM

412 posts, read 521,203 times
Quote:
I also agree with this. Have bought my last two sets of tires from Discount. Prices are competitive and I always go back for the free tire rotation. I go to the location near the High 5.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,362,803 times
One thing to consider if you travel or move a lot, you can find a Discount Tire store almost any where these days. This comes in handy if you need to have a tire replaced under warranty.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:20 PM

One of the things I really like about Discount Tire is that all of their locations use the Hunter GSP9700 Road Force Balancer, which balances the combination of the wheel and tire perfectly under a simulated [Road Force] load applied by the machine to determine the best weight counterbalance method so there is no tire/wheel vibration that can oftentimes transmit a shimmy to the steering wheel when the two-part rotating mass is not balanced properly.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 AM

2,825 posts, read 3,811,230 times
Quote:
One of the things I really like about Discount Tire is that all of their locations use the
Hunter GSP9700 Road Force Balancer
, which balances the combination of the wheel and tire perfectly under a simulated [Road Force] load applied by the machine to determine the best weight counterbalance method so there is no tire/wheel vibration that can oftentimes transmit a shimmy to the steering wheel when the two-part rotating mass is not balanced properly.
Someone knows their stuff...... I may be biases as I used to work for DTC and my BIL currently has a store in OKC, but they are great. Need your air pressure checked....just pull straight into the first bay of any Discount Tire and stay in your car. They will get you filled up free of charge whether you're a customer or not. Have a flat? Head on over and they will take care of it free of charge, once again if you're a previous costumer or not. They are also great to their employees and as a manager of a "high volume" store, you can make some serious cash after bonus!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
Someone knows their stuff...... I may be biases as I used to work for DTC and my BIL currently has a store in OKC, but they are great. Need your air pressure checked....just pull straight into the first bay of any Discount Tire and stay in your car. They will get you filled up free of charge whether you're a customer or not. Have a flat? Head on over and they will take care of it free of charge, once again if you're a previous costumer or not. They are also great to their employees and as a manager of a "high volume" store, you can make some serious cash after bonus!
Thanks! You might say I am 'particular' about such stuff. Well, maybe all stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or