Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:52 PM

26 posts, read 40,447 times

Advertisements

Braved the cold and ice on Sunday to check out a couple of apartment complexes in LC...went to the new Alexa and Lincoln Las Colinas...while both were very nice, we liked the LLC due to the attached garage. They quoted us 1795 on Sunday and when we called today to get the lease finalized (Wednesday) they raised it to $1835, not the biggest deal $$$ wise but definitely makes me think twice about doing business with them.

So two questions, does anyone have a really nice apartment in the LC area they can recommend? And are bait and switch practices like this standard operating business in the Dallas rental market?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 09:55 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinap View Post
Braved the cold and ice on Sunday to check out a couple of apartment complexes in LC...went to the new Alexa and Lincoln Las Colinas...while both were very nice, we liked the LLC due to the attached garage. They quoted us 1795 on Sunday and when we called today to get the lease finalized (Wednesday) they raised it to $1835, not the biggest deal $$$ wise but definitely makes me think twice about doing business with them.

So two questions, does anyone have a really nice apartment in the LC area they can recommend? And are bait and switch practices like this standard operating business in the Dallas rental market?

Thanks
Apartment complexes change rates on a daily basis. You will usually get a cheaper rate right when you look at a place then the rates will go up only a day or two later. They usually claim it is the market rate for that day. It's a rather ridiculous thing but it's normal practice these days.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 AM

87 posts, read 261,898 times
Just wondering - I have been looking as well, but I definitely require an attached garage.

What was that particular complex offering at the rates you mentioned...granite counters, sq ft, etc? Those are some of the highest rates I have ever seen in apartments in that area. I have typically been seeing anywhere from $1100-1400 for a 1bdr+garage.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,881 times
It's not Las Colinas, but you could check out Cypress Waters if you are willing to go north

Old 12-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegePalooza View Post
Just wondering - I have been looking as well, but I definitely require an attached garage.

What was that particular complex offering at the rates you mentioned...granite counters, sq ft, etc? Those are some of the highest rates I have ever seen in apartments in that area. I have typically been seeing anywhere from $1100-1400 for a 1bdr+garage.
It was a 2 BR at Lincoln Las Colinas...we ended up getting it, nice lake view patio and attached garage made it worth it...just not happy about how it all went down

Old 12-12-2013, 10:41 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:

Thanks
$1,800 for an apartment?

That's just insane. You could buy a house for half that much.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
$1,800 for an apartment?

Agree. That's more than our mortgage payment and escrowed insurance/taxes!!

Old 12-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
$1,800 for an apartment?

Well we just moved from the Bay Area so this is a steal

We don't know the area yet, so will purchase in a year after our lease is up. Plus I want to move to the burbs and my wife works downtown so I have to ease her into a commute.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 AM

77 posts, read 316,732 times
Quote:
Well we just moved from the Bay Area so this is a steal

We don't know the area yet, so will purchase in a year after our lease is up. Plus I want to move to the burbs and my wife works downtown so I have to ease her into a commute.
Welcome to the dallas area as my fiance and I just moved from the bay area as well. Small world haha. We also checked out the complex you got because of our attached garage requirement but when the leasing agent suggested us to check out their sister complex (they are all owned by Lincoln apts), we ended up going with Alexan instead since it was brand new and they were offering a $1k off rent deal.

Dallas, TX Apartments - Alexan Medical District Apartments

My friend who's from the DFW area said when we moved here, for us transplants coming from SF to DFW area, we have the mentality of a Texan otherwise we'll be paying so much more since we're so use to SF prices haha. Since that's what I thought when I moved here.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:07 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,462,015 times
Quote:
$1,800 for an apartment?

We paid that for a 1 bedroom 1 bath in Addison of all places. It was much nice(though smaller) than a house you could afford at 1800 a month. On top of that, when we were ready to move on to something different in just year, it was very easy. Not the same in purchasing. We still rent now and people ask all the time why. Well all know the benefits of buying but for us renting plays the role of:
1. Being able to move when we're ready without having to try and sell or carry two mortgages
2. Not having to worry about major maintenance issues
3. Freedom

We move to 3 different places in one year. Now that we're a little more settled with two kids, we're strongly looking into the prospect of purchasing a home. Sometimes for couples without children, being extremely flexible in living situations is priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas