Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 AM

409 posts, read 1,044,818 times

Advertisements

I have been in Dallas for 2 days now hunting for an apt (I am only here until Friday). I do not know where I will be working when I return in a few months to start job hunting. I am here for this week to check out the area and to look at some apts to see where I would like to live. I have seen nothing but "dooseys." Not sure if I spelled that right. Anyway, I want something similar to La Costa Villas, Churchill on the Park or The Marquis at Park Central. I stumbled upon these on my way back to my hotel last night. I absolutely loved everything about them, close to dart rail, no too far from downtown, close to shopping and beautifully kept community. So I am looking for something similar that is also close to downtown, shopping, dart rail and well kept...it does not have to be in the Park Cities area. I am open to all areas that meet my aforementioned description. As far as price range I am looking for something that is around 600-800 for a one bedroom. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Try the area bounded by Greenville Avenue, Lover's Lane, Skillman and DART rail - these apartments are older (some being redeveloped, some converted to condo) but very well-built and kept. Tenants are pretty long term except for the SMU students. Near 3 DART stations but closest to Lover's Lane station (and Central Market!). The SMU shuttle bus runs through on East University and anyone can ride it (I think it's free). Some of the streets are Sandhurst, Birchbrook, Milton and Amesbury - in the 75206 zip.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 AM

409 posts, read 1,044,818 times
Thanks Lakewooder that mostly what I was seeing yesterday. I DO NOT want older well maintained apartments. I prefer something that looks newer like like the three that I mentioned. Any suggestions.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,268,111 times
Get an apartment locater. They can help you decide, and they're free.

For a "new" apartment your budget is a bit low. But realize that the apartment's stated "price" for an apartment is just an initial offer. Everything is negotiable. I was paying $500 less than my neighbors that had the same apartment on Turtle Creek. But they made me sign a non-disclosure clause while living there. Negotiate!

I lived at the Marquis on Turtle Creek. It was a relatively new facility (late 90's). Our apartment locater helped a lot.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,593,162 times
So you only want new apartments, in the 600-800 range, near a DART rail? Good luck. I'm unaware of anything that matches those criteria.

The Villages has places in that price range and proximity to DART/Downtown, but as Lakewooder states, they are older but WELL maintained (new apartments, on the Norther end of their entire complex, are just not in that price range - but they are new and gorgeous). You just might be surprised if you go take a look. I lived there between houses and would do it again in a heartbeat. Very nice area

Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 AM

Have you seen the apartment booklets and adverts in grocery store racks near the front of the store? You might pick up some of those...

Does anyone know the prices at the complex just south of Cityplace on the east side of Central? Sorry can't remember the name... You might also try those developed by First Worthing such as City "----" s.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,626,733 times
I think you might be refering to the Park Gates At Citiplace! The prices for a 1bdrm usually start around 600 or 700, depending on the size.
If those are the ones your thinking about.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
Anyway, I want something similar to La Costa Villas, Churchill on the Park or The Marquis at Park Central. I stumbled upon these on my way back to my hotel last night. I absolutely loved everything about them, close to dart rail, no too far from downtown, close to shopping and beautifully kept community. So I am looking for something similar that is also close to downtown, shopping, dart rail and well kept...it does not have to be in the Park Cities area. I am open to all areas that meet my aforementioned description. As far as price range I am looking for something that is around 600-800 for a one bedroom. Thanks!
There are many, many apt complexes just like those you describe... in your price range... only they are located in Valley Ranch (northernmost part of Irving), zip 75063. Coming from Dallas on I635 west, take MacArthur Exit and go north (right) on MacArthur. Any kind, shape or form... all the way to Coppell. And more south on MacArthur between I635 and 114. There is a Dart Rail Station right off of I635 (south and east of MacArthur).

Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM

That station is not open yet, is it? Maybe it is a bus station now, but I don't think the rail will be open for at least three years.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
That station is not open yet, is it? Maybe it is a bus station now, but I don't think the rail will be open for at least three years.
Oops, you are correct. They have a non-stop express direct from there to downtown now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas