Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,591 times

Advertisements

I'm considering lapband surgery, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. If you have a friend/relative who've had this procedure and you can tell me about their success/satisfaction with their docs, I'd appreciate it. I live in Plano, work in Denton, so I can travel anywhere in the metroplex...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM

670 posts, read 2,998,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn516 View Post
I'm considering lapband surgery, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. If you have a friend/relative who've had this procedure and you can tell me about their success/satisfaction with their docs, I'd appreciate it. I live in Plano, work in Denton, so I can travel anywhere in the metroplex...
My aunt had this done (I think it was a lapband) about 3-4 years ago. She's in Garland. I will see if I can find out who she went to as I don't know. She's been successful at keeping her weight off since then and looks 20 years younger.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
A friend of ours is a surgery nurse and the doctor she worked for was at Baylor Garland and they were doing it I know. I just don't know the name of the doctor she worked for.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,262,165 times
I haven't had it done, but one physician which I understand has a good reputation that does both lapband and gastric bypass is Dr. James Davidson at Presbyterian Hospital-Dallas location.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,235,643 times
If you are using insurance, you need to start with your policy and see who and where your policy will cover. Lapband is still fairly new and not all policies cover it. You might see if you policy recommends or requires a Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery. There are 2-3 in Dallas.

I used Dr. Richard Benavides 2 years ago and have had a very postive experience with the whole proceess. He is on Beltline in Richardson and does surgeries at several hospitals, mainly Surgery Center of Richardson on Coit Rd. I had mine in Denton, however, at the beautiful new hospital there (insurance requirment).

To research go to Obesity Help - Weight Loss, Surgery, Support Groups, Forums, Surgical Procedures and

Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op Recipes, and Help. for good information.

There are surgeons and 'customer reviews' listed on OH and the message board on BE is a reliable and helpful source of information and support.

Send me a private message if I can be of further help. I am happy to say that I'm a success story - but only because I researched (just as you are beginning to do) and have been very compliant with the rules. Best wishes to you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas