Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 AM

44 posts, read 78,521 times

Advertisements

I have another posting in "retiring in Dallas" on this site.

We are in our 50s and moving from Chicago to Dallas to be close to our married children. We both work from home and travel quite a bit for work and play.

We are looking at Little Elm as a possible place to live. The price range is within our comfort zone ( at this stage of our lives), close to the kids ( 75033) and the homes look like they are not too new or too old. They are a perfect size for us and many are on a single level ( arthritis is our constant companion)

Any inputs on this area? Safe? Clean?? City Services??

We are also looking at 75034 zip code. Property taxes in TX are nuts. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
I live in Sunset Pointe which is a huge master-planned community in LE. Some of it is zoned to the Frisco ISD which is better than the LE ISD. Affects price slightly.

I have a smaller home about 8-9 yrs old,all one level with a 2-car garage. I wanted to downsize as it is only me and the dogs/cats. I was able to pay cash for it, which is a comfort to me.

FM 423 is beginning a massive.expansion to 6 lanes from 121 to 380. Will last several years. I can get to the DNT on Eldorado or Panther Creek.

The city has a beautiful new senior center with full daily activities. I think the.city is very well-run. The.few.times I' 've called police they have responded quite quickly; panhandlers, saw an accident, etc. As far as I can tell, there is little to no crime in my neighborhood.

I can get to Denton, McKinney or Stonebriar Center in about 25 min at the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas