Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM

447 posts, read 320,119 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

We are a family moved to DFW area due to job relocation and we currently are renting a house at the price of 2200 in Mansfield. The house is nice and good for the value. It was recommended by a real estate agent who is the spouse of DH's work colleague so he is very trustable. I love the area and the house and the people. What I am not sure is education. I did hear my driving instructor saying the schools here are wonderful and there are people moving in for children's education.

However, our boy is a special need 3 y/o boy who is going to be assessed tomorrow after two month's waiting. I really don't know how much help we could get from the school district. My boy needs st,ot and aba therapies.I don't know if we could get that much. For ABA therapies our insurance cover unlimited hours but I do hope there could be ST and OT in school then I don't need to drive miles away as I am a new driver. I am searching of the ISD whose special education is good. Any recommendations? There is totally no clue for me. I don't mind moving home again for baby's education.

Our budget for renting is 2500 which will be paid by the company. I do hope Mansfield can give all the service we need but really unsure about tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,570 times
no, Mansfield is full of racsist harsh kids that make fun of kids with
special needs, its horrible really.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:18 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,409,870 times
Stay out of Mansfield. Get an extended stay apt for a couple of months, then find a place.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,013,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalgerystaff View Post
no, Mansfield is full of racsist harsh kids that make fun of kids with
special needs, its horrible really.
Great first post there.

OP, Mansfield's schools are not as highly regarded as others in the metroplex, and that extends to special needs programs as well. However, when I grew up in Plano schools (one of the most highly regarded districts in the area), we had several special needs kids in my grade, and while they were generally kept in classes with other special needs children, in the halls, PE class, etc... they were teased and made fun of by other kids. It's not just a Mansfield thing, it's a children thing... kids can be cruel.

You'll find parents on here complaining about the special needs programs in Plano, or anywhere else they've tried, while others will speak highly of their districts. I would at least check out Mansfield's program before automatically deciding it won't work for your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: