Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,469 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm currently living at Fort Worth(Keller ISD, right side of 377).
Since my family is growing(have 15 month boy and will have another one in July) I'm thinking about move to bigger house.
The house I'm living now, I purchased about 4 years ago(brand new).

Here is what I'm looking for,

1. Good school
2. Future house value
3. Reducing current commuting time
4. $350K - $450K budget
5. 4BR 3B, Brand new home

Officed at Coppell and Plano. Main office is in Coppell and travel to Plano office about 3 times per week.
Since I'm looking for a band new house, I can't find many option.

What do you all think about Hills at Indian Creek? (I like the price)
Or I should go with Castle Hill North?
Or spend more money to go to Southlake Carillon Villa?
Or go to West Plano/Frisco?

Please share your opinions.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,600 times
If you can look outside the new box then you may find a nice house within your budget on a decent lot in Coppell ISD or Plano ISD with great resale.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Lantana is about the only place you'll find something under $400k.

Around $450k and up there are some new home developments starting in South Flower Mound.

There are some new homes also in Las Colinas that would work and be your best location.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 6,178 times
Check out these in Plano, 1.West Park Estates by Toll & Landan, 2.Avignon by Toll & KHov, 3.Beverly Estates by Megatel,4. Kingslake by Toll, 5.Hudson Heights by Lennar, 6.North Glen, Trails of Glenwood and Harrington Mill by Grand, villas of Pecan Creek by Highland Homes, a Trails of Glenwood by First Texas.

If you can see out of the box then check out listings then drive around established neighborhoods in prime pockets of towns of your choice to look at available existing homes feeding to best schools. That's where you get great lifestyle and great resale. That's how we found our current house. We were not liking the location, resale, schools and landscaping of available new housing within our budget.

Last edited by IntellDoc; 01-19-2014 at 10:21 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 10:39 AM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Two words "coppell ISD" there are some new houses starting in coppell but if I were you, I would look really wide and deep into existing homes in coppell. Location, school and commute is hard to beat for your situation. Making the reverse commute from coppell to Plano will be better in my opinion.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 8,240 times
You pay higher property taxes in Coppell, fracking is an issue, too many warehouses for a small town and more in pipeline, huge apartment development under construction which will be a burden for a small district. I would tread very carefully. Location is good and so are schools but town is rather bland and IMHO bit overrated. My wife's argument was that in a small town with one high school, you are lucky if you are in but if there is any issue then you are just stuck in hell.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
And one of the new housing developments in Coppell is awfully close to the approach path at DFW.

The problem with people always wanting new houses here is that we don't have much available land. You either have to move way out to the boonies, or put up with a less-than-ideal location.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 8,240 times
There is a healthy percentage of buyers and investors who renovate, remodel or rebuild older homes in desireable towns and stellar school districts or urban lifestyle niches but they are locals who know the area and value of the properties. A lot of first time homeowners, transplants, recent immigrants have limited knowledge. Good for cookie cutter builders in far flung suburbs.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,469 times
What do you all think about Mustang Park in Carrollton?

Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 PM

112 posts, read 228,788 times
Look at West Park in Plano a new Toll community - good Plano Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas