Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 PM

11 posts, read 16,629 times

Advertisements

Of course there is the Rangers but that is an American-League team way out in Arlington, why not a national league team and one in the city itself?? I love the Mavs, the Stars and the Cowboys but Dallas could benefit from a national-league team and one that is in the city itself so Dallasites won't have to drive all of the way out to Arlington to see an American League team that is not that good anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela07 View Post
Of course there is the Rangers but that is an American-League team way out in Arlington, why not a national league team and one in the city itself?? I love the Mavs, the Stars and the Cowboys but Dallas could benefit from a national-league team and one that is in the city itself so Dallasites won't have to drive all of the way out to Arlington to see an American League team that is not that good anyway.
Well, the Cowboys are about to move out to Arlington soon and they're not even in Dallas NOW...Texas Stadium is in Irving.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Well, the Cowboys are about to move out to Arlington soon and they're not even in Dallas NOW...Texas Stadium is in Irving.

Well it's almost in Dallas, it's close to the border with Dallas and me but that's all about to change and I don't know why the Cowboys are moving all the way out there, what is so special about Arlington??

Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
There's no NFL team in New York... the Jets and Giants are in NJ. Doesn't mean New Yorkers don't feel they're a NJ team though.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela07 View Post
Are you related to brajo and bjohns?

Don't hold your breath on this happening. Wasn't it discussed a LONG time ago by the city of Dallas? Though so. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,626,733 times
Oh jeez not another one!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Are you related to brajo and bjohns?

Don't hold your breath on this happening. Wasn't it discussed a LONG time ago by the city of Dallas? Though so. Ain't gonna happen.

I'm not related to any of those people. I just think it is kind of silly that there is just one baseball team, and in the American League, in the Metroplex.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
Hey Mom,
Off topic. Love your saying underneath your name. That is what I feel I am too.....

Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Hey Mom,
Off topic. Love your saying underneath your name. That is what I feel I am too.....
Thanks. I finally came up with one. I guess I watch too much late night tv aka The Real Housewives of Orange County. LOL!!! You can change the moniker under your screen name by going to "My settings" at the top of the page and filling in the box for a custom moniker instead of "Senior Member". At least now I don't feel like part of the Geritol Brigade or something, lol.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
Thanks for that.... I actually thought that would be a good thing to say here some time ago... Hey even through the years I have called myself that. When we moved to Florida, I actually labeled myself the typical Dallas housewife gone south....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas