Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 6,281 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

My husband may be getting stationed in Greenville,Tx as an Air Force recruiter. We are hoping to either live in Greenville or on the lake, like lake Tawakoni. Here is my question, I googled for it everywhere and couldn't find it!
Are there any good fitness centers, or even a YMCA in Greenville?
Also I am in school right now, and if anyone could tell me of any schools besides Texas A&M at Commerce and any other general informtion I would really really appreciate it.
Please reply or email me, Thank you,

Alicia
cici710540@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2006, 02:01 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,098 times
Commerce would be the closest school to go to if you wanted to finish your education. UTD is in Richardson, that would be the 2nd closest it seems. There is Texas Womens in Denton right off of 380, that would be quite a drive.

I lived in Greenville when I was a teen and my brother still lives there. Greenville in general is very small. I see alot of businesses going up on 30 but mainly it is a small town where the highlight of the weekend if for teens to go down Wesely street and cruise. I am sure they have some sort of gym to join if you want and I am not sure what is available with housing there. There are many old neighborhoods around the square that boast of beautiful restored homes. I have no clue about the Lake though. Good look in your search.

Oh if you don't want to live around there, might consider living in Princeton or Farmersville. That is supposed to be the next hot spot. Too Mckinney isn't that far either.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 21,576 times
I live in Greenville. My DH teaches at TAMU-Commerce. It seems to be quite a good school. If you go there, they have an amazing new fitness facility (Morris Rec Center if you want to check online). I'd go there if they offered child care!

There is major lack of great fitness options here in Greenville... Curves and a YMCA are your main options. The YMCA is where I have a membership, however, it is a bit old and dingy.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM

6 posts, read 21,576 times
There are several new housing developments in Greenville and lots of houses for sale right now. There are several new home builders: Liberty First, Choice, DR Horton...

Old 06-14-2007, 09:36 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
Tawakoni is not the kind of lake you live at IMO. It's more of a fishing/camping/weekend cabin type lake. There are some homes but most of them have been there for many years.

The fitness center at TAMU Commerce is wonderful; Commerce itself is about as dull as it gets (and this is coming from an old lady!). Greenville's not bad....quite a few nice homes especially in the area outside of town. It's a quick commute on I-30 into Dallas to eat or play or shop.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,463 times
I live on Lake Tawokani and there are a lot of new homes going up on the south side. It's not a bad drive to Greenville from here but you have to watch what neiborhoods to stay out of in Greenville and on the lake.
Greenville has several neighborhoods that are historic and maintained very well.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,246 times
I am considering moving to greenville as all of our childern have left home and it is way to cold here in the northwest. I also show horses, are there any horse people in that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas