Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,332,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
90% of the time both spouses incomes are needed to qualify for the loan.
Could be for some people… but there are plenty of single income households out there (including mine, where my wife raises our 3 kids free of charge!).

It's odd.. I went through the home buying process only a few months ago and can't for the life of me remember if they included my wife in the credit / financing process. Someone earlier on this thread said if you're married they automatically do… and I won't dispute that, but I don't remember it either! We both have great credit scores, so I wouldn't have cared either way, but she has no income so I'm not sure why they'd run her numbers in the process.

On a related note, I've now purchased 3 homes and don't remember ever signing an agreement with the buyer's agent. Maybe I just have a terrible memory… but I'd never sign one in the future. I suppose I'd sign something that says "If you show me a house and I buy that house I'd use you"… but nothing more than that.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:32 PM

7,893 posts, read 11,435,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
Could be for some people… but there are plenty of single income households out there (including mine, where my wife raises our 3 kids free of charge!).

It's odd.. I went through the home buying process only a few months ago and can't for the life of me remember if they included my wife in the credit / financing process. Someone earlier on this thread said if you're married they automatically do… and I won't dispute that, but I don't remember it either! We both have great credit scores, so I wouldn't have cared either way, but she has no income so I'm not sure why they'd run her numbers in the process.

On a related note, I've now purchased 3 homes and don't remember ever signing an agreement with the buyer's agent. Maybe I just have a terrible memory… but I'd never sign one in the future. I suppose I'd sign something that says "If you show me a house and I buy that house I'd use you"… but nothing more than that.
I sold a home in Houston in 2010. Initially both buyer and her spouse were on the contract. I agreed to amend it to a contract between just her and us because he had credit score issues that was driving up the rate.

I agree with you on your last point, I would not agree to sign up to pay a commission if the agent did not find the house, show it or prepare documents related to its purchase. I have an issue with a contract that intends and says I would owe agent a commission when not earned by a reasonable man definition. To have a standard contract form trying to require it by contract is not a contract designed in a straight forward customer caring manner is my view as expressed earlier.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 PM

953 posts, read 1,833,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
No less ethical than an agent trying to get a commission on a house they didn't find and didn't prepare papers for.
I disagree. The agreement is signed already. Nobody forced them. You are mixing up the argument. It is your perception of a practice vs what happened. It is unethical to renege from a contract but I think the practice of having a standard agreement to sucker people into it is unethical as well.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:00 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,493,269 times
Moderator note: This thread has run it's course, and there are too many off topic posts. Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas