Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 03:17 PM

23 posts, read 34,203 times

Advertisements

Any reviews for these two communities. I am not interested in estate homes, just villas on smaller lots. One is East Plano and other Central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM

72 posts, read 123,508 times
Highland, Toll & Landon are trusted builders. Both communities are near highways and both feed to PISD. That's all that I can add.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 AM

23 posts, read 34,203 times
Which one is better to live and for resale?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 AM

781 posts, read 1,217,250 times
I would personally feel better about the area surrounding W. Park. 75075 is a slightly more affluent zip code than 75074, and it also feeds to Plano Sr., which has higher average SAT scores than Plano East.

I think it's still an expensive neighborhood for the area, but there are a few other subdivisions in the general area of W. Park that have higher home values, and I think that area would be more likely to see renewal in the surrounding older neighborhoods before an East Plano location.

East Plano is trending heavily Hispanic in a lot of areas just East of 75 and to me, they look a lot more run-down. I think that due to the quality of the builders in Villas, your neighborhood itself will be fine, but I personally just wouldn't want to live around all that long-term.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:40 AM

72 posts, read 123,508 times
Plano Sr High is a great school without a doubt but Plano East Plano Senior High performs miraculously high for its demographics, it is housing IB Academy & Health Sciences Academy now, that is likely to change the equilibrium.

If you are spending >$400k then I would rather stay in Plano West Sr High area that covers Jasper & Shepton and buy a nice existing house there. You'll have top schools and kids can bus to any of the three Academies if they want to go that route.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:47 PM

171 posts, read 789,679 times
People who are uninformed think East Plano consists of the strip of land on either side of 75 and behind Fiesta grocery store. Wrong.

I live pretty close to the Villas of Pecan Creek, which is in FAR EAST Plano where there are numerous neighborhoods with values over $400k (Stoney Hollow, Hills of Spring Creek, Ranch Estates of Los Rios and Trails of Glenwood.)
If you'd like to avoid congested traffic, a view of the back of a strip-mall, noise, and lack of trees, then come check out Far East Plano.
We have the 250 acre Oak Point preserve (Plano Balloon Festival, Fireworks), Oak Point Rec Center, local mom& pop restaurants, walking trails, 5 minutes to all the new shopping in Murphy. I love it here.
Of course I'm an artsy gal from Austin and probably wouldn't "fit in" so well with the West Plano folks, anyway.

I consider myself an East Plano Ambassador. I know this is an older post, but I was just looking for some more info on Villas of Pecan creek and it brought me to this thread. I had to respond because there is just so much outdated info by people who have never even been over here.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:34 AM

25 posts, read 47,770 times
bumping this because I am interested too. ideally i'd like to live in West Park, mostly for the location. but it seems signficantly more expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: