Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:27 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1980 View Post
Totally absurd to ban the e-ciggs anywhere, they do not emit anything into the air but water. I broke my wrist badly recently, lit up my e-cigg to vape in order to calm me down in my single room before my surgery, you would have thought I shot someone or burnt the place down with all the commotion...ridiculous. I was in extreme pain from a shattered wrist and had to be lectured on the hazards of vaping/smoking..absurd!
outside restrictions..I pay no mind to..cause I'm sick of being told what I can do that hurts no one else. leave me alone big brother
Using nicotine before orthopedic surgery is a bad idea.

Quit smoking for faster bone healing? - Health - Health care - More health news | NBC News

Nonunions-OrthoInfo - AAOS

The effect of transdermal nicotine on fractu... [J Orthop Trauma. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Also, if the product you use contains nicotine, it will appear in the vapor, though less than from a tobacco cigarette:

Secondhand Exposure to Vapors From Electronic Cigarettes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,921 times
Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
Of course it is.

I'm sure bureaucrats spend their nights dreaming about things they can ban or tax or regulate.
I completely agree. This is nothing but a control issue. There are a lot of things that politicians could better be spending their time and energy on. Things that would actually be benifical to their citizens.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,921 times
I too have quit using tobacco cigs by using the e-cig. I have not had a tobacco cig in 5 yrs. now and I
smoked over 50 yrs. I did not purchase another pack of cigarettes after purchasing my first e-cig and
my coughing stopped within one week and other related issues that I was having were past history within
one month. These are not for young people but this should fall under parent control not politicians
looking for popularity. There are much more positive things that they should be spending their time on.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 15,245 times
Thumbs up Vaped in Frisco yesterday

Hi! I don't know if it was the establishments' lax rules, but I vaped during a mani/pedi, then later at a high-end salon in Frisco yesterday. But I was discreet and blew the vapor down my shirt. There is one vape-friendly bar in downtown Plano: Fillmore Pub.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeeling View Post
Hi! I don't know if it was the establishments' lax rules, but I vaped during a mani/pedi, then later at a high-end salon in Frisco yesterday. But I was discreet and blew the vapor down my shirt. There is one vape-friendly bar in downtown Plano: Fillmore Pub.
Good to know, thanks! My company specifically bans smoking AND vaping on company property, but there are people who sneak vapes in the bathroom. I know I do.

I should add that the reason the company bans it on company property is because they are in a health/healthcare related field and there are frequent visitors to the property, and it would reflect on them extremely pooly to have employees smoking on the property. The company does NOT have a policy on personal nicotine use.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:49 AM

153 posts, read 225,995 times
Brilliant. This "progressive" notion must have come from a more western state which has been losing a lot of employers and residents. Let's ban e-cig's which will only imply that there's something desirable, dangerous or "socially unacceptable", thus leading to more curiosity and more use. Brilliant. Just like banning sexual content... it only leads to more curiosity.

You want to make something innocuous? DON'T DRAW ATTENTION TO IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas