Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,269,990 times

Advertisements

When I lived in an apartment on Turtle Creek, we had a similar problem with Time Warner. They would always be cutting our cable off. Why? Because all the cables were located in one closet on each floor. They couldn't tell which cable went to which apartment, so they'd just cut them all off and let us complain until they figured it out. Knuckleheads. It happened about three times, and it drove me crazy. They'd be out for a week at a time.

And they had that ridiculous A/B switch. I have Dish network and I'm never going back to TimeWarner. NEVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
When I lived in an apartment on Turtle Creek, we had a similar problem with Time Warner. They would always be cutting our cable off. Why? Because all the cables were located in one closet on each floor. They couldn't tell which cable went to which apartment, so they'd just cut them all off and let us complain until they figured it out. Knuckleheads. It happened about three times, and it drove me crazy. They'd be out for a week at a time.

And they had that ridiculous A/B switch. I have Dish network and I'm never going back to TimeWarner. NEVER.
I never had trouble with Time Warner when I lived in Austin and my parents use it in Dallas without any problems so I felt OK about getting cable. My BF had no problems using it in Allen, but after all I've been through and after dealing with their monumental incompetence it's unlikely I'll ever use them again, though my BF is pushing for it after we move out of our current residence because he likes using cable cards with his HD Tivo.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,269,990 times
Monumental incompetence is the reason I left TimeWarner also. Cutting everybody's cable because one person moved out? If that's not monumental incompetence, I don't know what is.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
Monumental incompetence is the reason I left TimeWarner also. Cutting everybody's cable because one person moved out? If that's not monumental incompetence, I don't know what is.
I'd say that's an excellent example of the above, yes. They could have spent maybe an hour figuring out whose line was whose and labeling them, but I suppose that's too much of a stretch for those mouth-breathers at TW.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 AM

3 posts, read 16,464 times
uverse rules Time warener sucks and they are way over there heads since the take over of adelphia and comcast

Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 AM

Well, my cable update thread got deleted so I'll post this here.

The AT&T U-verse guy came on Monday at 9am. He left at 6pm, saying all they needed to do was "switch a port" and we'd have service, and that would be done "tonight".

It's now Wednesday morning, we've called three times since then, and nothing has been done...and I mean NOTHING. I've been without internet access at home since Monday morning and my Time Warner cable went out again, so I'm down to a small number of analog channels and no internet. It's like being in the stone ages.

I have never seen such pathetic incompetence in my life. Even in Britain I didn't have to put up with this crap. It's completely unacceptable, and I don't see why people continue to put up with it. I'm going to be writing lots of p*ssed-off letters after this.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 14,487 times
I have uverse and haven't had any problems with it. o_o

Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Well, my cable update thread got deleted so I'll post this here.

The AT&T U-verse guy came on Monday at 9am. He left at 6pm, saying all they needed to do was "switch a port" and we'd have service, and that would be done "tonight".

It's now Wednesday morning, we've called three times since then, and nothing has been done...and I mean NOTHING. I've been without internet access at home since Monday morning and my Time Warner cable went out again, so I'm down to a small number of analog channels and no internet. It's like being in the stone ages.

I have never seen such pathetic incompetence in my life. Even in Britain I didn't have to put up with this crap. It's completely unacceptable, and I don't see why people continue to put up with it. I'm going to be writing lots of p*ssed-off letters after this.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. The U-Verse guys that hooked me up were very competent and finished the job in just a few hours. I'd be po'd too if I were you. Is it something to do with Dallas? I'm really wondering if the service people over there are just lazy.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accela View Post
I have uverse and haven't had any problems with it. o_o
Well good for you. I've had NOTHING BUT problems with those incompetent idiots.

I am so SICK of being jerked around. Is there some unwritten rule that says nativeDallasite CANNOT have television or internet service?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. The U-Verse guys that hooked me up were very competent and finished the job in just a few hours. I'd be po'd too if I were you. Is it something to do with Dallas? I'm really wondering if the service people over there are just lazy.
I don't think the guy doing the hookup was at fault and rather than throwing his hands up and saying he'd have to come back another day, he stayed all day long trying to get it working; and half an hour after he "left" we saw him out at the box still trying to get it working. He definitely wasn't lazy, and spent most of his Monday outside in the cold and didn't eat all day long.

However, that still leaves me without TV and internet. I am so po'd right now I can't even think straight. It has been 3.5 months of pure, unadulterated HELL trying to get this to work and I am at my breaking point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: