Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:54 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times

Advertisements

Thank you Rakin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 01:52 PM

311 posts, read 450,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
The problem with realtors is that none of them know & sell in all the areas. So if you link up with one whose an expert in, say, Richardson, s/he is going to know that area and only be able to recommend good options there - even if Allen or Coppell is a better fit for your family. For a tri- state analogy, the areas you are looking in roughly covet the geographic distance of Rockland Co, Westchester Co, Manhattan, and closer-in parts of Long Island. You'd never use a Manhasset realtor to find a rental in Hoboken
I find this to be great advice, especially if you don't know the area you are moving to and want to open up as many possibilities as possible early on before committing to one too soon, or getting biased advice from soneone who specializes in one suburb.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:57 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
Moderator Note: Never make a specific real estate recommendation on the forum! This includes: specific real estate company listings (zillow realtor.com are ok), broker or agent names, mortgage bank/company, and specific realtor website recommendations. Send all recommendations via DM only!

Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 9,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We are limited on who we can recommend here on CD but I will DM you a good local website.
Could you DM me as well?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 PM

7 posts, read 9,650 times
TurtleCreek80. While you may seem to have an opinion about everything posted in this thread you know absolutely nothing of our personal situation.

I asked a simple question and was expecting a simple answer not lectures concerning what you deduced about my personal job situation, my husbands job situation, commuting times and the whole educational finance paragraph.

While I appreciate your concern, trust me, I know what I am doing. I am researching the areas I'm interested in living, working, and where I want my kids to goto school--which by the way will be in the same school I work at, which makes your first lecture about the kids being far away from where I will work non-void. Commuting is not an issue as my husband has odd hours and will not be commuting on a daily basis, nor will he always be in rush hour traffic.

I am a veteran teacher and budget cuts are happening everywhere, not just in Texas. I realize getting a job will be hard, but it is not impossible with the experience that I have. You assume that I am under qualified and this is insulting.

If you don't have the name of a realtor that would be helpful in our search, then please refrain from sharing your unwanted opinion.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:10 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
If you're such an expert on everything to do with the DFW area- the traffic, the schools, the job market, and where you want to live- then I'm sure you're resourceful enough to locate a qualified real estate agent without the help of this forum's VOLUNTEERS.

Some of us regulars try to point out things that most relos don't have a good grasp on - which way traffic flows, the ins & outs of various schools, neighborhoods, and even the job market - so that they can make the best decisions as they evaluate job offers and pinpoint the right neighborhood or suburb in which to live. Sorry for trying to ask the right questions to actually be able to help you. Best of luck.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:32 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,978 times
OP, you really seem to have a great attitude especially toward some amazing responses from TC80... All I will say is good luck and I hope you are not the teacher of my kids... I was almost going to recommend some realtors but on second thoughts... Naayyy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas