U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:51 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,319,505 times

Advertisements

thanks cj6
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 06:58 PM

6,584 posts, read 23,672,159 times
You might look at Belle Grove apartments off Custer just south of Arapaho and west of City Hall, the Richardson Public Library and the post office and east of the YMCA.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:13 AM
cj6

25 posts, read 138,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
thanks cj6
I spoke to the couple who lived off of Voss and they said they like the complex they were in (directly off of Voss and Creekmeadow) and the area, and never had any special concerns regarding safety issues. I asked them what drew them to the area and they indicated that because they were out of towners (Maryland), are a mid-thirties couple without children, they wanted to live somewhere (a) convenient to work, (b)convienient to getting out and going places/meeting people, (c) relatively inexpensive, (d) a bit more laid back than what a 20-something might want, () but not feel excluded just because they didn't have children. They indicated that it was fairly mixed with twenty somethings, families, people their own age and a few folks in their 40's or 50's, married folks, singles... and while their neighbors were always quiet folks, they could also see where it might be hit or miss.

I aked why they moved - they said it was only because they wanted something a little larger, and they found an older, larger condo in a gated community off Marsh for about the same rent.

I asked if they missed anything about where they were, vs. where they are: He says he misses the convenience of having a nice sized gym to work out in and the late night Kroger's just down the street (midnight ice cream runs might go a long way towards explaining his need to work out!). She said she really misses her next door neighbor, as they would buddy up for dinner and/or exploring the metroplex when her husband was out of town.

I asked if there was anything they disliked about it: They both said "It's an apartment."

She works at the Galleria Complex and said it was a 15-20 minute drive to work if she left by 7:30am and took the Dallas North Tollway. She also said that the Tollway is "just too crazy" in the evenings, definetly faster to take the Parkway in the evenings.

More often than not, his "office" is DFW airport, and he said the commute was 25 minutes using the Geoge Bush Tollway.

I don't know if there is anything in any of that much helps, but it's the feedback I recieved so I am passing it along. Good luck hunting!

Last edited by cj6; 12-10-2007 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,319,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6 View Post
I spoke to the couple who lived off of Voss and they said they like the complex they were in (directly off of Voss and Creekmeadow) and the area, and never had any special concerns regarding safety issues. I asked them what drew them to the area and they indicated that because they were out of towners (Maryland), are a mid-thirties couple without children, they wanted to live somewhere (a) convenient to work, (b)convienient to getting out and going places/meeting people, (c) relatively inexpensive, (d) a bit more laid back than what a 20-something might want, () but not feel excluded just because they didn't have children. They indicated that it was fairly mixed with twenty somethings, families, people their own age and a few folks in their 40's or 50's, married folks, singles... and while their neighbors were always quiet folks, they could also see where it might be hit or miss.

I aked why they moved - they said it was only because they wanted something a little larger, and they found an older, larger condo in a gated community off Marsh for about the same rent.

I asked if they missed anything about where they were, vs. where they are: He says he misses the convenience of having a nice sized gym to work out in and the late night Kroger's just down the street (midnight ice cream runs might go a long way towards explaining his need to work out!). She said she really misses her next door neighbor, as they would buddy up for dinner and/or exploring the metroplex when her husband was out of town.

I asked if there was anything they disliked about it: They both said "It's an apartment."

She works at the Galleria Complex and said it was a 15-20 minute drive to work if she left by 7:30am and took the Dallas North Tollway. She also said that the Tollway is "just too crazy" in the evenings, definetly faster to take the Parkway in the evenings.

More often than not, his "office" is DFW airport, and he said the commute was 25 minutes using the Geoge Bush Tollway.

I don't know if there is anything in any of that much helps, but it's the feedback I recieved so I am passing it along. Good luck hunting!
Yes, that helps greatly! Thanks for that info..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas