U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 11:22 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,319,882 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know much about this area? I've noticed some homes are in really good shape and it looks like the school district is in Richardson mostly. Are there any good apartments/condos around there? I'm curious if there would be anything between 600-800 a month for a 1-2 bedroom.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM

14,872 posts, read 39,004,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Does anyone know much about this area? I've noticed some homes are in really good shape and it looks like the school district is in Richardson mostly. Are there any good apartments/condos around there? I'm curious if there would be anything between 600-800 a month for a 1-2 bedroom.
This area includes were the former Prestonwood Mall was located. It is a very small area geographically and includes the new development in the old mall location, a few office buildings, condos, apartments, townhomes and homes. The Bonaventure is also located there. As for the apartments in that area, they used to be nice and there were some very affordable ones on the lower end. I'd visit them first before signing anything and not just during the day on a weekday but the weekends and evenings too.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Hey momof2, thanks again..
I'm actually inquiring for my mom who wants to move out of Frisco and closer to where she works off LBJ and the tollway. I was in Dallas last week and drove through Preston Rd. from Frisco to the Galleria mall area and was impressed and unimpressed at the same time

There seemed to be some decent apartments around Arapaho and Preston north of Beltline..

Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM

6,848 posts, read 10,691,526 times
Quote:
Hey momof2, thanks again..
I'm actually inquiring for my mom who wants to move out of Frisco and closer to where she works off LBJ and the tollway. I was in Dallas last week and drove through Preston Rd. from Frisco to the Galleria mall area and was impressed and unimpressed at the same time

There seemed to be some decent apartments around Arapaho and Preston north of Beltline..
If it's just for your Mom, I would suggest a safer area, such as Parkside at Firewheel in Garland ::PARKSIDE AT FIREWHEEL:: (http://www.parksideatfirewheel.com/leasinginfo.htm - broken link) to the east (13 miles) or Valley Ranch (75063) to the west (10 miles).

Old 12-05-2007, 12:34 PM

Thanks.. Yeah, those are nice areas too; Valley Ranch is a great area but I think she wants to be right off Preston Rd. since she works at the Galleria Mall. Maybe something in Plano would work better.. I'm more familiar with Carrollton, Lewisville area.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM

14,872 posts, read 39,004,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
If it's just for your Mom, I would suggest a safer area, such as Parkside at Firewheel in Garland ::PARKSIDE AT FIREWHEEL:: (http://www.parksideatfirewheel.com/leasinginfo.htm - broken link) to the east (13 miles) or Valley Ranch (75063) to the west (10 miles).
True, she could walk to many shops, restaurants, movie theater, park, etc. It is also on a DART route and one that goes straight to the downtown Garland DART rail station too. When I've been up there early on Saturday mornings there are TONS of people that I assume live there out walking the park and sidewalks at the mall. There are 3 Starbucks right there too. They have apartments and townhomes and seem to be going pretty fast.

If I remember correctly even the apartments on the southwest corner of Arapaho and Hillcrest were kind of rundown and low rent back in the late 80's when Prestonwood Bapt was across the street. I doubt they have come up any in the last few years. The single family homes in the area are great and a good move but some of the apartments I'd be leary of. How are the townhomes that are in the Prestonwood Country Club area nowadays?

I know what you mean about Preston Road nowadays. It is a MADHOUSE and NEVER without traffic no matter the time or day. This morning Preston Rd at Frankford was shut down in both directions due to an accident - YIKES!!! Those people that live in Frisco and use Preston as their route, no way.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Somedays my mom will take Preston all the way from Frisco to the Galleria.. She enjoys it probably because her work hours aren't usually during peak travel times.
Crazy stuff! Anyway, I'm sure something will pop up.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,460,570 times
I live near to where Prestonwood used to be, but I'm in Dallas in 75254. I wouldn't recommend living in the area you're talking about; it's not nearly as nice as it once was.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I live near to where Prestonwood used to be, but I'm in Dallas in 75254. I wouldn't recommend living in the area you're talking about; it's not nearly as nice as it once was.
That's too bad. It's so deceptive when driving around that area especially during the day. So many trees and well kept homes. Any suggestions on decent apts. in south Plano off Preston?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,460,570 times
Quote:
That's too bad. It's so deceptive when driving around that area especially during the day. So many trees and well kept homes. Any suggestions on decent apts. in south Plano off Preston?
Afraid not; I don't know Plano that well. My area is fine, though; it gets rough east of where I am but I'm not afraid to venture out of my house at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas