Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:19 PM

8,103 posts, read 8,284,205 times

Advertisements

dress code is generally business casual. Slacks and clean shirt. No tie. Loafers. Some places its dress jeans and even tee shirts. Suits are not an everyday thing as most places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 PM

16 posts, read 20,625 times
Great, Thank You! Looks like it will be a Trulia and Google Map night.

Somebody mentioned to me the idea of renting from someone that had a 4-5 bedroom house. It would be a shared space with the owner of the house. Do you hear of that happening a lot? I guess that would be arranged through a realtor or roomates.com .. I have to check in to that too. It makes a huge amount of sense to rent for a year to get your feet wet in an area before blindly closing on a house or a condo.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:50 PM

10317 Bel Aire Drive, Dallas TX - Trulia

Yes, maybe something like this. Perfectly small with just enough work needed to make it perfect for what it is. And this is a good location right? You can't beat the street names, Country Club Drive and Bel Aire Drive, a good omen!

Old 03-22-2014, 07:40 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,211,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert200 View Post

Yes, maybe something like this. Perfectly small with just enough work needed to make it perfect for what it is. And this is a good location right? You can't beat the street names, Country Club Drive and Bel Aire Drive, a good omen!
Very good location and zoned to a coveted public elementary school. That little "triangle" area by the park (not more than 50ish houses) is a little less "manicured" than the surrounding Old Lake Highlands and Lochwood neighborhoods. If I remember correctly, there aren't curbs on the streets and the homes are smaller than those surrounding them......long way of saying it's a good way to live in a more expensive neighborhood for less!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:55 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,474,471 times
Quote:

Wow that's a steal! I Don't know about the street, but the general area is definitely nice.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Wow that's a steal! Don't know about the street, but the general area is definitely nice.
Yeah, thats what I thought. And the condition is, for me a single guy, move in ready. One might not like the color of the paint in spots but that is all minor stuff. I have to go back and look, I didn't see a carport and over time a new back deck about 5 times bigger would be nice for outdoor entertaining.

A house like this though with no basement, storage becomes an issue. Some type of outdoor shed might be in the future...

Old 03-22-2014, 09:12 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,563,535 times
Quote:
Yeah, thats what I thought. And the condition is, for me a single guy, move in ready. One might not like the color of the paint in spots but that is all minor stuff. I have to go back and look, I didn't see a carport and over time a new back deck about 5 times bigger would be nice for outdoor entertaining.

A house like this though with no basement, storage becomes an issue. Some type of outdoor shed might be in the future...
Basements are very rare here.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,211,046 times
Quote:

You're not going to find a basement anywhere in the DFW area unless you're buying a $3M++ custom home. We don't have the right soil to easily build basements.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You're not going to find a basement anywhere in the DFW area unless you're buying a $3M++ custom home. We don't have the right soil to easily build basements.
That's good. I won't have to worry about a basement flooding because the sump pump didn't work because the power went out during a nor'easter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas