Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 AM

58 posts, read 65,201 times

Advertisements

LC isn't even something you would compare to uptown. They are very different. After work hours, there is nothing in LC except a couple chain restaurants. Uptown is living in Dallas and enjoying the amenities a city has to offer. There are plenty of other less expensive options in Dallas without having to go all the way out to Irving. I work out in Las Colinas, and I would rather make the brutal drive from the M streets than ever live out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM

781 posts, read 1,212,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXred View Post
So why not just use the valet?

I looked at a few apartments online yesterday in Uptown and noticed for the same thing...it basically is about $400 more than Las Colinas. So I thought ok, I don't have any interest in walking to the museum or parks after work much as I would rather do these things on the weekend so why not just live in LC and drive a few miles to Uptown to enjoy the amenities?

My favorite was the Manchester State Thomas..townhome with an attached garage. It is well over $1400 with the same thing in LC for $1,000. I guess I still don't get it?
It is all due to the fact that the State Thomas location warrants a higher rent. Uptown is a more desireable area, just like prices of single family homes are higher per sq. ft. in close-in desirable neighborhoods vs. outlying suburban communities.

If the parks, shops, local restaurants aren't appealing/of interest to you, I don't think you should waste rent money every month to be living in a location with amenities you don't utilize. Also, a lot of Uptown is a vibrant bar/party scene, and that is not for everyone. Do you really want to live around where people are vomiting in your parking garage, people are out at all hours, etc. Some people like that, especially post-college, but just forewarning you that it might not be for you if you're not a partier.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 PM

281 posts, read 641,862 times
I guess that's the problem right there. I am not one to utilize bars and clubs. I don't go to restaurants on week nights. I go to work, stop at the gym, go home and make dinner. On the weekends I might head to a mall or something, maybe meet a friend for lunch or dinner at a restaurant, but don't feel the need to live right next to it.

I guess I'm boring..but based on what everyone says about LC I guess that's right up my alley

Old 04-10-2014, 01:43 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,485,503 times
Man that DART line to the airport is going to be a gamechanger to me. It really increases the appeal of living near downtown, or pretty much anywhere near a DART line.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,549,473 times
Quote:
I guess that's the problem right there. I am not one to utilize bars and clubs. I don't go to restaurants on week nights. I go to work, stop at the gym, go home and make dinner. On the weekends I might head to a mall or something, maybe meet a friend for lunch or dinner at a restaurant, but don't feel the need to live right next to it.

I guess I'm boring..but based on what everyone says about LC I guess that's right up my alley
Yes, if that's the kind of life you enjoy, LC is a good place for you ... there's nothing at all wrong with that area and the rents are a bit less...and there are restaurants and activities there...just not the same "walkable" atmosphere people enjoy in the Uptown Dallas area...but there are plenty of single professionals out LC way too...
Again, welcome to Texas!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,084,095 times
Quote:

You can save even more money by checking out craigslist for rentals by private owners with properties in Las Colinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas