Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 PM

249 posts, read 328,612 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am getting old but it seems like Dallas Tollway is a pretty dangerous highway to drive when its not clogged with cars. I usually drive faster than average drivers but it seems like even when I am driving over 80 MPG I am constantly being tailgated by many different cars. It normally wouldn't be an issue if not for the large number of cars in the middle and right lane driving slower than 60 mpg. And then you combine with all the S shape winds of the freeway and how narrow all the lanes are, I am surprised it doesn't have more accidents...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,429,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkobee View Post
Maybe I am getting old but it seems like Dallas Tollway is a pretty dangerous highway to drive when its not clogged with cars. I usually drive faster than average drivers but it seems like even when I am driving over 80 MPG I am constantly being tailgated by many different cars. It normally wouldn't be an issue if not for the large number of cars in the middle and right lane driving slower than 60 mpg. And then you combine with all the S shape winds of the freeway and how narrow all the lanes are, I am surprised it doesn't have more accidents...
It's all dangerous, Tollway, Central, 35...I'm white knuckled on all of them these days. Crazy drivers everywhere, and what's the point? Aren't you supposed to get from point A to point B alive?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,948,659 times
YES!!!!!
I think I was using it to go to Addison airport area.
Freaky, Scary at 445pm.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:41 AM

40,932 posts, read 48,901,953 times
Quote:
Maybe I am getting old but it seems like Dallas Tollway is a pretty dangerous highway to drive when its not clogged with cars. I usually drive faster than average drivers but it seems like even when I am driving over 80 MPG I am constantly being tailgated by many different cars. ............... I am surprised it doesn't have more accidents...
Is this a serious thread ?

Yeah, when I drive over 95 on NDTR those people only driving only 80mph sure clog up the road.
It's hard to talk on my cell phone when everyone else is driving so slow.

Those soccer moms only doing 65 should stay completely off the road. They're dangerous.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,726,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is this a serious thread ?

Yeah, when I drive over 95 on NDTR those people only driving only 80mph sure clog up the road.
It's hard to talk on my cell phone when everyone else is driving so slow.

Those soccer moms only doing 65 should stay completely off the road. They're dangerous.
It is the soccer moms you have to worry about!!!!

Range Rover Sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The naturally aspirated model produces 283 kW (385 PS; 380 hp) while the supercharged produces 373 kW (507 PS; 500 hp).

Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 AM

19,536 posts, read 17,788,402 times
Quote:
Are you really going 80 and being tailgated often? I'm on the tollway a lot and that rarely happens to me.

When it does I move over one lane to my right as soon as I can. It's that simple.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,001,756 times
Quote:
One question: What kind of vehicle do you have?

Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,557,404 times
If you're getting tailgated it's time to move over to the right.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,438,917 times
I usually do 70 in the far right lane when traffic is light. Seems to work well for me. If I come up on someone going slower, I can just switch to the middle lane for a few seconds to pass them.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM

281 posts, read 641,192 times
I wasn't going to mention this since I don't live there yet but...I was there this past weekend, including Friday, during rush hour even. I drove everywhere in the North Dallas area from Irving to McKinney and all parts around and in between. I drove on DNT, 35, 114, 75, 121, PGBT etc...I kept thinking what are all these people complaining about????? The drivers there are NORMAL!!!! Sure someone is going to pass you at some point, sure you're going to pass someone at some point, yes someone might be a little eager and get to close behind you...move over!

As an out-of-towner, I never once felt freaked out, or white knuckled, etc. And it was dumping rain on Sunday (we are not used to that much rain at once where I live). Also, I found the freeways and main roads to be so easy to navigate! I know this doesn't have to do with other drivers but...I loved that the roads are clearly marked ahead of time, the freeway exits and ramps are clearly marked, there was no mistaking where I needed to go at any time. I loved it!

I think with an area that size there's always going to be bad peas in the pod...that does not make it "The worst drivers in the country".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas