Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM

112 posts, read 228,788 times

Advertisements

Heard good reviews about the High Point Tennis Center.

Also anyone out there who made it to the Tennis Team with Plano schools ? How difficult is it? Kid is in the Junior Varsity at our current school and would like to check our options with Plano schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:04 AM

208 posts, read 335,933 times
Also meant to add that Brookhaven, T Bar M and CC all use the 10 and under tennis program from USTA with the different colored balls for different age groups.

If you google 10 and under tennis you may be able to find a program closer to you.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 AM

106 posts, read 219,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveplano View Post
Heard good reviews about the High Point Tennis Center.

Also anyone out there who made it to the Tennis Team with Plano schools ? How difficult is it? Kid is in the Junior Varsity at our current school and would like to check our options with Plano schools.
Call tennis coach at your targeted school and ask for his input, their standards are high but they value good players.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:37 PM

786 posts, read 1,223,585 times
I'm not sure how much the specific lessons cost, but Brookhaven runs specials all the time where you can join with no initiation fee, $200 initiation fee, etc & the monthly fees are very reasonable, but then of course you would pay for the lessons on top of that; however, you can also do the drills/lessons as a non-member.

If you call or email they are happy to give you the specific pricing info for what you're interested in!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 PM

171 posts, read 358,998 times
Tuesday, I am glad that you mentionned CC. I had an email from a friend today recommending it for classes and for summer camps. I looked at their website, prices are reasonnable and
the Tennis-swimming-movie-golf summer camp sounds great!
T bar m's camps are too expensive!

I went to lifetime, no one was there in the morning to give me informations. The acquatic and tennis office were closed. They emailed me in the afternoon with their generic email...
Not going to be my first choice
I think my choice will be between T bar m and CC for regular weekly lessons.
As for summer camps, I will choose between Canyon Crrek and Plano West Senior High camp ( High point).
PWSH is less than 5 min drive from my house.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Greenhill might be the closest and best program for you if you are off Park and DNT.

They have a dedicated coach teaching the USTA 10-under program and another coach doing back up. There is always a pro around every day of the week.

Rates are better than most other places for both group and individual drills.

PM me if you are interested and I can get you the 10 and under pro's email.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM

171 posts, read 358,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Greenhill might be the closest and best program for you if you are off Park and DNT.

They have a dedicated coach teaching the USTA 10-under program and another coach doing back up. There is always a pro around every day of the week.

Rates are better than most other places for both group and individual drills.

PM me if you are interested and I can get you the 10 and under pro's email.
Thanks !

Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM

28 posts, read 35,503 times
I second (third, fourth?) the Brookhaven recommendation. It's in Farmer's Branch N. of 635 (off Marsh), so a hike, but we know people coming from Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Fort Worth, etc.

Your 9yo would be part of their 'Academy Prep' program--2 hour practices 6 days a week (4:30-6:30 M-F, 10:30-12:30 Sat), and you only pay when you show. You don't have to be a member for your son to take group or private classes, you just pay a few dollars more per class.

They have ~15 full time youth coaches, and the student:coach ratio is kept very low. They focus on fundamentals first, and split kids up based on skill level. All of the coaches offer private's, and they recommend a program that mixes both private and group classes. Their facilities are top notch, and they have a LOT of good kids in the program.

They also have a lot of home school / Spring Valley School kids on a pro track. They place a lot of kids in D1 programs every year.

They do the colored ball class 3x/week for kids under 8. They also sponsor USTA team tennis teams for all skill levels and at all age levels.

We haven't done T Bar M before so I can't comment directly, but people we know with kids there rave about their program as well.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 889 times
Check out Tennis-Tykes.com

Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 366 times
Default Tennis Lessons Plano

Franco Tennis Academy is excellent, they find a court near you and travel anywhere in the DFW area to you so you don't have to drive far and the coaches are outstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas