Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:53 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,516,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
The West Village is cool. I'm not sure if that's considered uptown or not, maybe east of Uptown.
Yes, W. Village is definitely Uptown. East of Uptown would be east of 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 01:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
I don't know why this site does not make it impossible to resurrect a thread that is more than a year old--ESPECIALLY when the poster starting it up again is not the original poster...

START A NEW THREAD--OLD NEWS IS NO NEWS--TIMES CHANGE--WE DON'T WANT TO CLICK A THREAD AND FIND OUT IT IS A TIME WARP...gosh...

Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,516,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve100 View Post
I"m moving from L.A. to Dallas. Just want to know if I'm making the right move. Have a year old baby. What are the differences between the two cities?
WOW! They are laid out in a similar manner. Both metros are very spread out with many LARGE suburbs surrounding them. Dallas is much more affordable than LA. Do you already have a job lined up? If so, where? In what type of environment do you want to live.... urban, suburban or in-between? Does the school district matter at this point? What type of ambience do you seek....WEHO, Bev Hills, Compton, Covina, Orange County? They are all here. Just like the LA area, The DFW area is extremely diverse.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,653 times
Im moving to dallas and not sure is it really a good place to move im a single mom and i want to have my son grow up around good people >>i wanna find affodable housing and a great commutee back and forth...im excited but nervous moving rom st louis

Old 07-27-2010, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 36,915 times
Smile Moving to Dallas questions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzTay View Post
Im moving to dallas and not sure is it really a good place to move im a single mom and i want to have my son grow up around good people >>i wanna find affodable housing and a great commutee back and forth...im excited but nervous moving rom st louis
Feel free to ask any question you may have as I may be able to answer them. I am a lifelong, 40 years so far, resident of the Dallas area as well as a mom! Hope this helps and like I said, feel free to ask any question you may have. Have a great day!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM

275 posts, read 870,100 times
I might take a few different tangents here, forgive me.

I'm a 27-y/o single male from outside of Norfolk, VA, but lived in DFW as a kid, and always visit family in Irving, which I love! The downtown section off the LBJ is really nice as well, and Las Colinas is beautiful. I love the Norfolk area, but there's a lot of things the area must work out, and being a military city, the cost-of-living is horribly out of proportion, mainly because of the high housing allowances offered.

I've been considering making a move, so I'm glad this thread keeps getting resurrected instead of me asking questions in a new one. Now, I could stay with family in Irving, but would be looking to get my own place within a few months of moving there, and wouldn't leave Norfolk until a job was lined up. Speaking of, my background is TV, having worked at a news station here behind-the-scenes, but my big thing is filmmaking and feature TV production. I know of course "Dallas" filmed there, but is DFW a big filmmaking/TV production area? I'm also considering PR as my next career move, doing film stuff on the side...

Looking at a few places in DFW, I've seen a few condos go starting in the mid-$60s? Forgive my dumb question, but is that a bargain, or do you get what you pay for? In Norfolk, $60,000 is either in the hood or needs a ton of improvements. I also noticed a new condo tower in Las Colinas going for about $150K (Grand Treviso...ring a bell?), and I was highly impressed, considering that same condo would be close at least $250K here.

As for the dating scene, the "kid in a candy store" analogy is only icing on the cake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas