Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 AM

65 posts, read 116,986 times

Advertisements

What are some thoughts on the Far North Dallas area that is zoned for Plano West schools? There are quite a few homes on the market in that area, but is it as nice as Plano? Resale value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 07:34 AM

786 posts, read 1,223,585 times
It's very nice. You have the benefit of not only PISD, but also zoning to Plano West, with slightly better proximity to anything you'd need to go to in Dallas. This area is called "Far North Dallas."

Oakdale & OakTree guard-gated neighborhoods are both in this area and have been known as very desirable places to live since their inception. Prestonwood West & Bent Tree North are also great subdivisions in that same area. Here is an article that basically talks about their popularity:

Best Neighborhoods: Bent Tree North, Oakdale offer city dwellers Dallas addresses, Plano schools | Dallas Morning News

If you are looking at lower price points, there are some subdivisions East of Preston that are also in PISD, but I'm more familiar with the ones between Preston & the Tollway.

Honestly, though, you can be in North Dallas, Carrollton, Addison or Plano within 5 minutes of this area depending on where you need to go.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 AM

94 posts, read 287,957 times
Also at a lower price point, but still nice is Bent Tree West and Country Brook - just west of the Tollway off of Frankford

Old 05-09-2014, 02:04 PM

63 posts, read 213,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmoPuffinburger View Post
Also at a lower price point, but still nice is Bent Tree West and Country Brook - just west of the Tollway off of Frankford
This is the area where I grew up, and my parents still live in the neighborhood. We all received an excellent Plano ISD education, although West was built too late for me to go there. These are great family-friendly neighborhoods where people know each other, and I know my parents' immediate area has retained value well. Most of the houses were built in the late 70s-early 80s and have gone through a remodel or two, but people tend to keep their houses well-maintained. They have noticed a slight increase of car break-ins over the years as the area on the other side of Midway has declined, but thankfully that's about it. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Country Brook or Bent Tree West.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:31 PM

263 posts, read 565,409 times
We live in the area east of the tollway and think that it is a great location for a family. The homes in our community were built in the 90's any many have been updated. There is usually a home for sale nearby, but this year they have been miving much faster. Two on our block sold in less than a week on the market. The homes seem comparable to the ones Ive seen in Plano proper. We have been in our home over ten years and the value has never dipped below our purchase price, but has gone up and down with the economy hitting the highest in 2008. There also seems to be a good mix of families and empty nesters, but not really many under 30 if you are young.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 PM

65 posts, read 116,986 times
thank you everyone...I will check out the homes for sale in those HOA's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas