Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 AM

786 posts, read 1,222,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renu.Uner View Post
Willowbend has so many malls within 10-15 minutes drive which puts a limit on sales. However, no mall with Neimans, Dillard's, Apple, Macys, Sephora, Mac, Brook Brothers, UCOB, Lacoste, etc etc can ever be labeled as anything but higher end ... no matter how you slice it. Saks has been in trouble for a decade so that's a diffrent story. Willowbend supports its clientele very well and its more of a posh neighborhood mall not a destination mall.

By the way $800k condos don't go section 8, there will be plenty of people willing to buy or rent at a reasonable price. I didn't see any of the HW town homes selling for $250k or going section 8, this area is too hot for that. Worst case, developer can't sell fast so he folds but there'll be plenty of investors ready to snatch it. This location is too good to fail.
Yeah, I think the H-W community Willow Bend Park is great. Houses there wouldn't go below 500K. The only thing that development really has in common with what's being proposed for this project is they're both being marketed "lock & leave." So H-W's success doesn't really foreshadow anything for this weird urban type thing.

The only H-W project that had severe issues in the area is Villas of Lake Vista in Coppell, LISD schools & there were REO's there & the rest of the development was completed by CB Jeni, but that's about the only one I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 12:12 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,947 times
OP probably has a stake in the development...No one really knows how Willow Bend Mall has done since the opening unless someone has seen the financial statements. It could have been in the red for years for all anyone knows. Just because there are now some high end stores, doesn't mean it has been profitable the entire time or even earning a reasonable return on investment.

Again, either someone knows something that we don't and Plano will turn into the next Century City, Houston Uptown/Galleria, or the project will be unprofitable trying to sell $800k+ condos. Just can't see it in the near to mid-term. Or some out of state or foreign investors will come in believing all the media hype about Plano being the next great thing and the investors/homeowners will get burned.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 PM

91 posts, read 151,013 times
Its a pity that investors hire market research firms instead of just posting in this forum. Our "experts" would advice Toyota to take it easy and rent near downtown for a year before moving everybody.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:36 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,462,015 times
Quote:
Its a pity that investors hire market research firms instead of just posting in this forum. Our "experts" would advice Toyota to take it easy and rent near downtown for a year before moving everybody.
I love when I get emails like this. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:36 PM

91 posts, read 151,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I love when I get emails like this. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!
Aha! I forgot to mention complimentary grammar lesson. Buy one, get one free!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM

631 posts, read 884,708 times
Quote:
That's like saying that the Knicks talent scouts know what they're doing, and all the fans should back off on voicing their opinions. That's no fun, and it's not true that every professional is competent or good at what they do.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,298,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
OP probably has a stake in the development...No one really knows how Willow Bend Mall has done since the opening unless someone has seen the financial statements. It could have been in the red for years for all anyone knows. Just because there are now some high end stores, doesn't mean it has been profitable the entire time or even earning a reasonable return on investment.

Again, either someone knows something that we don't and Plano will turn into the next Century City, Houston Uptown/Galleria, or the project will be unprofitable trying to sell $800k+ condos. Just can't see it in the near to mid-term. Or some out of state or foreign investors will come in believing all the media hype about Plano being the next great thing and the investors/homeowners will get burned.
Whether a high rise will succeed I often believe depends on the traffic of the city and the area. For example, Fort Worth has substantially less traffic than Dallas. The downtown condo projects, with very few exceptions, have not done especially well, despite the fact that DT Fort Worth is pretty damn nice and oil companies are rocking. Why have they not done well? My theory is that few people working in DT Fort Worth have more than a 30 minute commute. (or, they have kids and have to live in the burbs for the schools).

Maybe Plano will be different, but I would rather be the second person to own a particular condo unit than the first. The first person is really rolling the dice here.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 PM

12 posts, read 16,112 times
I'm from CA, part of the Toyota employees relocating.... When I read the news about this condo project and the pricing, I went "WHOA - you've got to be kidding!" I told my office mates about this and we all laughed and shook our heads in disbelief. To whoever priced this project - Bad Idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas