Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 59,833 times

Advertisements

I have been reading and maybe jumped the gun a little bit as it is refreshing to find such a resourceful site.

I have been researching, researching, researching a new location to live.

Dont attack As I read I see many others doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
It's a natural thing to do....this is a fantastic website and the information seems endless. I've turned about a dozen friends on to it (most of them in other forums) and all of them have become addicted and some even want to relocate to new areas.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:57 AM

64 posts, read 237,802 times
I can't believe they closed down the Hardrock on Mckinney. I was just there last month. I never failed to visit there every time I went to Dallas. Hopefully something better will move in and keep the stained glass windows. The architecture in that place was beautifull. Hey, Moma, I agree with you about the Shores. I'm not looking to move to Dallas permanently, but as a vacation home. I think that might be the place for me.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
I heard a story on the night time news about the Hard Rock and plans to perhaps open another one in the area. Here's the quote from CBS11tv's website.

In a statement issued by Hard Rock International Friday, the company said it is "exploring other opportunities in the area, including a Hard Rock Hotel/entertainment complex and more strategic locations for a Hard Rock Cafe in this market."
Which probably means closer to Six Flags for the vacation crowd and the central location.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:53 PM

702 posts, read 2,722,310 times
The new Hard Rock complex will probably be built in the West End or Victory Park. Those areas are booming with construction right now!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
It has changed. I remember the old Dallas Alley, entrance to like 5 bars for one cover charge. They closed the area w/ the shops and arcade . Used to hang out at Gator's but it's not the same. TGIFridays, Tolberts, KO Ranch, The Palm and the Spaghetti Warehouse are all still there and doing great business. Dicks Last Resort moved. Baby Doe's is gone, goat hill is for sale. Hooters and El Fenix stay busy now that the AAC is open. I'd say more offices are in the West End now and some stuff has just moved on. Leaving games at the AAC on weekend nights it amazes me how empty the parking lots are under the overpass. They used to be PACKED! Now you have your pick of spots. Do you remember when they put in the outdoor ice rink in the West End? Then during the summer one night a week they had live bands out in the open. Oh well.
Is the Outback still in West End? That used to be our hangout. I worked in the Ross Building and these pictures brought back memories. I used to sit in those benches at lunchtime. It's amazing when I was there, I never appreciated the amazing architecture of the downtown buildings. It has to be one the best skylines at night, especially liked the view coming in from DFW on 635. Lived in Lake Highlands. I really miss White Rock Lake.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:04 PM

90 posts, read 360,753 times
Default hard rock

Hey! About the hard rock cafe closing in Dallas. I know its very sad. Im going to a bar mitzhah party at the hard rock only a couple days before it shuts down. I know that was random Bye!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 PM

14 posts, read 54,512 times
Thanks Texan#1 for all the pics, I showed them to my husband and I think they sold him on moving from SoCal. We are visiting in April to check it out and decide for sure whether to move or not, wish us luck!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 AM

4 posts, read 10,723 times
Love the photos! TY for sharing with everyone!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,268,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Great pictures, makes me want to go there. However, eveyone keeps telling me how dangerous it is to step foot inside this area.

Can someone clarify. I mean, in looking at the pictures taken during the day, the area looks about like any other city in America. Is this one of the 'bad areas'.
Obviously, the people you are listening to don't have a clue.

Please be warned that there isn't an Olive Garden or Wal-Mart in downtown Dallas, so Collin County people may feel it's a very scary place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas