Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 02:08 AM

4 posts, read 12,447 times

Advertisements

Today's meeting is in Rm 6ES at Dallas City Hall. Interested parties may very well find out a couple of things; Where, and how, the (pardon me) rubber meets the road...and how much longer it will take before it is actually voted on by council members.

I was at a meeting earlier this month, and one thing is certain--this level playing field that they are trying to create is going to change taxi service. Gone, from what I understand, will be the days of turning down short trips, not accepting credit cards, creating some sort of tests for new drivers where they can prove that they have some idea of where they are going, that there will be regular inspections of cab worthiness as well as cleanliness, of (I suppose) both cars and drivers. All for hire transportation will be required to provide riders either a written or digital receipt with details of costs, mileage, pickup and delivery points--which should work
to end non metered rides where drivers charge whatever they want to. They are also going to have drug testing, which I hope will be randomized, because that is the only way it is effective.

There will also have to post in the vehicle the drivers name, photo, and instructions on where to voice concerns and complaints. I drove a taxi here for nearly a decade in the 70s and 80s, and back then the City of Dallas didn't play games when it came to complaints--they would pull your permit in a hurry if they thought what you were doing undermined their efforts to turn Dallas into one of the first line convention destinations in America. That is the right attitude, because it should trickle down, or up, to the service the citizens of DFW get day in, day our.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas