U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,624,742 times

Advertisements

The areas of Suncreek just to the east and west of Alma at Hedgcoxe are in PISD. The section just south of Mcdermott at Suncreek Dr are in AISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM

24 posts, read 44,323 times
We just moved to Allen about a year and a half ago and love it. We also looked at McKinney, Frisco, and Plano. I work in downtown Dallas so McKinney and Frisco were too far or required the use of toll roads. I work from home most days, so taking the train into downtown (about 50 min door to door) or driving in during non rush hour times (about 40 minutes) isn't so bad.

I have a 4 year old so don't have any experience with the schools in Allen, but I have several coworkers that have recently or currently have children at Allen High School and I haven't heard any complaints about it. Many people here are proud of the football team, but the school focuses on many extracurricular activities and programs, not just football. Some of the kids have no interest in football, but with the school's large size I think that there are enough things going on to keep everyone happy.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 PM

954 posts, read 1,534,615 times
I think Allen is a great town. However, we selected Frisco. It is a great place to live within minutes from major highways, shopping and restaurants. With Whole Foods opening up just east of DNT in Frisco, it will only be a few minutes for us. I don't know much about Allen but we did not consider it because it was right at the border of being too east for us. We like the fact that we are right on 121 and minutes from DNT to take highway west or south. You cannot go wrong with either town based on your individual circumstances.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:08 PM

91 posts, read 126,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvn2Fly View Post
We just moved to Allen about a year and a half ago and love it. We also looked at McKinney, Frisco, and Plano. I work in downtown Dallas so McKinney and Frisco were too far or required the use of toll roads. I work from home most days, so taking the train into downtown (about 50 min door to door) or driving in during non rush hour times (about 40 minutes) isn't so bad.
gs going on to keep everyone happy.

Where do you take train from? I guess you are driving 15-20 minutes to and from Parker station in Plano to your home in Allen?

Last edited by Renu.Uner; 06-02-2014 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 AM

44 posts, read 37,380 times
I would add that there is a small section of Allen (northeast corner) that is zoned for Lovejoy ISD.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 7,996 times
Thank you so much for all the great information! I very much appreciate it .

Allen is what we are inclined towards since we have some ethnic stores nearby which is imp for us . I just saw a house which is beautiful and has Beverly Cheatham. Seems to be a good school based on Great Schools and TEA, maybe not the best in Allen but definitely not bad. We are not worried about High schools since our daughter is still young and we might move after a few years.

Anyone with experience with Beverly Cheatham?

Also, I work from home and my husband in Addison and he is used to driving 20 miles plus to work so that is not an issue.

Once again, thank you All!!

Old 06-04-2014, 02:05 PM

262 posts, read 394,979 times
I live in the same neighborhood where the school is, my kid doesn't go to school yet but all my neighbors are very happy with the school...Its started 3 years ago so online ratings don't exactly reflect the true ratings....I saw some elementary school rankings (can't remember if it was DFW or TX wide) that my neighbor sent me a few months ago which ranked Cheatham as the top school in Allen ISD. I will post the link if I can find it...In anycase, I don't think its a school to avoid....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or