U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:44 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,697,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifw View Post
I understand your question because that is a long time on the market in LW. Typically, it is price or a structural problem. Good luck!
And price seems reasonable at under $250 a sqft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 02:50 PM

19 posts, read 22,363 times
That is what I am thinking too that it could be a structural problem. Is that information my realtor can find out up front or will it only be disclosed during inspection?

Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM

671 posts, read 808,621 times
I used to live on Wildgrove and it is an awesome area.

I don't think you mentioned the specific house but i see two for sale on Pasadena. The higher priced one seems to include the very large detached quarters square footage in the listing, which could make it seem to be "low" priced. Most people (and realtors) don't consider the square footage of detached quarters to be nearly as valuable as the main house. If you consider only the main house the price is nearly $300 per foot, so may be overpriced.

The lower priced listing on Pasadena is not all that attractive (IMHO) and has only one bathroom. It is also being offered as a teardown.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:21 PM

I am interested in the higher priced house. Interesting observation regarding including the square footage of the quest quarter. I found the house to be very unique in style and design...that could also be a factor of it being on the market for so long.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:23 PM

It still looks like a fair deal. Even CAD has it over 800K.

As to it being unique...absolutely and that can sometimes cause some issues. I will however say, I don't think it would keep it on the market that long in an area of such desire. My parents have always had unique houses (outdoor bathrooms, no doors through out almost the entirety of the house, master bedrooms open to family/living/kitchen, etc) in areas like the Park Cities and OakLawn. They've never had issues selling. I think there must be something else going on. It looks like the owners did a fairly substantial update in the last year or two and may have had some issues?

Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM

bencronin04, how do you know that the owners made updates/changes to the home in the last year or two? Wouldn't that information only be available in the disclosure statement? Unless that information can be obtained by other sources.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaleh View Post
bencronin04, how do you know that the owners made updates/changes to the home in the last year or two? Wouldn't that information only be available in the disclosure statement? Unless that information can be obtained by other sources.
The listing states that it was renovated, but it's more of an educated guess than anything. If you go on CAD, the price of the "improvement"(house) in 2014 appraisal was $300,580. The 2015 appraisal was $567,800.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or