U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,483,683 times

Advertisements

Actually, I would look at 121/independence up to Eldorado/Independence....all streamlined with new constructions as well as wonderful resales...you will be zoned to either liberty/independence or heritage..and maybe centennial. There are a lot of Indians in richwoods..but who cares..look for location, school, commute times and amenities. There is def an upward push coming from north plano into south frisco. Don't forget the temple is up further on independence as well.

One more thing before I get off my soapbox, is that even if the south Asians are first generation, the kids are not.

I am second generation and my parents came here in the 70s, and it does depend on what side you fall on with the recent immigrants, the liberal or conservative.

Regarding prosper, it is not as diverse, but its still a good school..doesn't have the "numbers on paper" to compete with the PISD, but its an upper class town, where you get some breathing room and backyards and its a little slice of country within the city venue of frisco. And regarding prosper schools, they are fine....nothing to worry about. :-)

Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 PM

51 posts, read 85,508 times
I am indian and I didn't like the Richwood vibe either. Neither did my husband. we love having Asian friends around us and love diversity but richwoods felt like we have gone back home! I totally get OP's reaction.

Our American realtor did hint on the topic about diversity and wanted us to move to another subdivision. we are happy at stonelake estates. Extremely diverse and we love it here!!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:36 PM

954 posts, read 1,533,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepika1977 View Post
I am indian and I didn't like the Richwood vibe either. Neither did my husband. we love having Asian friends around us and love diversity but richwoods felt like we have gone back home! I totally get OP's reaction.

Our American realtor did hint on the topic about diversity and wanted us to move to another subdivision. we are happy at stonelake estates. Extremely diverse and we love it here!!
There are options between Richwoods and Stonelake estates. Don't tell me that was the only reason. Richwoods is a transplant central and more expensive than stonelake estates. But I get your point about Richwoods and this is why it is so important to feel whether a neighborhood is really for you.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 PM

51 posts, read 85,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
There are options between Richwoods and Stonelake estates. Don't tell me that was the only reason. Richwoods is a transplant central and more expensive than stonelake estates. But I get your point about Richwoods and this is why it is so important to feel whether a neighborhood is really for you.
Well actually that was the main reason. We looked at Willow bay and found the same issue on a smaller scale. Turnbridge manor and hunters creek were out of the equation because of that eyesore plant. Lawler park did not have a spec ready for the time frame we were looking at. If not that would be our top choice. Cypress creek feeds to a school we weren't really impressed with.

We could find houses in richwoods(Landon) easily for a much lower price, similar sq ft in January and could very well go that direction. They had 5 specs ready to move in and we were impressed until we spent half a day walking the neighborhood. Then we took our realtor and he mentioned past clients who were not very happy with Landon as a builder and the crowd there. We did find some friendly people who have become friends now! We chose to spend a lot more at stonelake estates than what we would have at richwoods. Again I am not comparing the prices of toll or Newcastle or landon signature. So don't tell me that those are higher and more expensive. Just plain Landon vs Saxony vs shaddock.

To each is own. While I would literally feel "at home" in richwoods, it would be a totally different experience for my husband (who has been here since highschool) and for my kids who were raised in a predominantly white neighborhood in Kansas.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:18 AM

954 posts, read 1,533,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepika1977 View Post
Well actually that was the main reason. We looked at Willow bay and found the same issue on a smaller scale. Turnbridge manor and hunters creek were out of the equation because of that eyesore plant. Lawler park did not have a spec ready for the time frame we were looking at. If not that would be our top choice. Cypress creek feeds to a school we weren't really impressed with.

We could find houses in richwoods(Landon) easily for a much lower price, similar sq ft in January and could very well go that direction. They had 5 specs ready to move in and we were impressed until we spent half a day walking the neighborhood. Then we took our realtor and he mentioned past clients who were not very happy with Landon as a builder and the crowd there. We did find some friendly people who have become friends now! We chose to spend a lot more at stonelake estates than what we would have at richwoods. Again I am not comparing the prices of toll or Newcastle or landon signature. So don't tell me that those are higher and more expensive. Just plain Landon vs Saxony vs shaddock.

To each is own. While I would literally feel "at home" in richwoods, it would be a totally different experience for my husband (who has been here since highschool) and for my kids who were raised in a predominantly white neighborhood in Kansas.
I agree that Lawler Park is great on diversity score. Because it is a small(er) neighborhood with max of 350 homes, it will most likely maintain its diversity for a few more years at the least... I think there are very few houses in the smaller 65s left but a new and last phase of 75s is going to open soon. Also the builders (Darling and Highland) along with the developer (Warren Clark) are top notch compared to Landon at Richwoods.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM

21 posts, read 33,372 times
It cracks me up when several people on this board talk about the importance of "diversity". Like Ohh i love the diversity of this neighborhood...the schools are sooo diverse...etc...etc.

Just say what you really mean which is...Ohh I love how this neighborhood is majority caucasian but with a small percent of asian/indians to keep the grades up at the schools and a even smaller percent of other races just to make it interesting.

I don't think anyone here wants a truly diverse neighborhood that's why you all are moving to cities like plano, frisco, southlake, flower mound, allen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas