U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:43 AM

16,092 posts, read 37,252,833 times

Advertisements

J. L. Long Middle School, which feeds into Woodrow, was accredited as an IB World School in March. It has been using the MYP curriculum for two years as a candidate school. Earlier this year I know that 85% of the teachers had been IB-trained. Current planning is for Robert E. Lee and Lipscomb elementaries (Long/Woodrow feeders) to begin the IB application process (takes around 3 years). Also in the WW feeder pattern is Mata Montessori, opening this fall. Mata is planning to apply for international Montessori certification http://ami-global.org/.

We have an excellent area administrator, Tracie Fraley, who is former Booker T. Washington principal. She and school trustee Mike Morath have worked diligently with the Woodrow Community Council and Woodrow Foundation to implement strategic planning.

Woodrow graduated its first IB class last Saturday. They have currently have 75 slots for IB for the freshmen coming in this fall. Applications were made in February.

I don't know about Franklin and Hillcrest but I heard an elementary (was it Kramer?) in their feeder pattern wants to apply for IB PYP.

As far as I know, RISD has no IB schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:46 PM

728 posts, read 567,128 times
Lakewooder,

What's your source that Mata will apply for AMI certification ? If true, why hasn't DISD done the same for Dealey or Stone?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:48 PM

2,676 posts, read 3,842,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post

You could look in Highland Park, but it would probably be out of your price range-last I heard, a 1500 sq. ft. "cottage" runs about $600k.
The dirt is going for more than $600k in HP/UP now.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM

1,622 posts, read 4,076,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
J. L. Long Middle School, which feeds into Woodrow, was accredited as an IB World School in March. It has been using the MYP curriculum for two years as a candidate school. Earlier this year I know that 85% of the teachers had been IB-trained. Current planning is for Robert E. Lee and Lipscomb elementaries (Long/Woodrow feeders) to begin the IB application process (takes around 3 years). Also in the WW feeder pattern is Mata Montessori, opening this fall. Mata is planning to apply for international Montessori certification Home | Association Montessori Internationale.

We have an excellent area administrator, Tracie Fraley, who is former Booker T. Washington principal. She and school trustee Mike Morath have worked diligently with the Woodrow Community Council and Woodrow Foundation to implement strategic planning.

Woodrow graduated its first IB class last Saturday. They have currently have 75 slots for IB for the freshmen coming in this fall. Applications were made in February.

I don't know about Franklin and Hillcrest but I heard an elementary (was it Kramer?) in their feeder pattern wants to apply for IB PYP.

As far as I know, RISD has no IB schools.
The board has apparently approved IB for HHS, Franklin, and Preston Hollow Elementary ( Is IB enough to sway the attitude toward public schools in Preston Hollow? » Advocate Magazine)

I question the logic of opening a second IB school neighboring the attendance zone of the existing IB school. It seems ludicrous to put another IB school at another over-capacity northern Dallas school, but apparently IB is Morath's pet issue while other trustees don't care. The 'trustee micromanagement' criticism of DISD is generally targeted at the trustees for districts 5, 6, and 9, but in the past 3 years Morath has if anything been tge worst offender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or