Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 AM

948 posts, read 1,139,391 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a house in dallas and my job isin Richardson. I really loved the neighborhood in flower mound especially the big trees, house price etc. but the commute could be a problem on a daily basis. How bad could be the traffic in the morning from flower mound to Richardson? Also how much will be the toll one way ? Tried to look for similar houses in the north and east but they are either over priced or too suburb for us. We need big backyards with some privacy. There are plenty in oak point, Keller, south lake area which we loved but do t know if it really worth it in the long run with the commute. Also we have a 2 year old so day care pick up/ drop off could be a concern too. Looked at some houses in Richardson area but they are too congested with few having curb side parking option only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 09:43 AM

91 posts, read 151,007 times
There are comparable towns near Richardson. I don't see any reason to drive to and from Flower Mound and Keller. Did you look at Richardson's 75082 pre existing housing for bigger lots?

Old 05-31-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renu.Uner View Post
There are comparable towns near Richardson. I don't see any reason to drive to and from Flower Mound and Keller. Did you look at Richardson's 75082 pre existing housing for bigger lots?
Yes I did, all disappear as soon as I put in my criteria mainly the backyard (20,000 sq ft).

Old 05-31-2014, 10:08 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
What price range are you looking for? That could likely be the problem.

The tolls do add up, and it's also a lot of miles = wear and tear on your car every day. http://www.ntta.org can calculate the daily tolls for you.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
What price range are you looking for? That could likely be the problem.

The tolls do add up, and it's also a lot of miles = wear and tear on your car every day. http://www.ntta.org can calculate the daily tolls for you.

500k is the max. I found plenty under 450k in the FM area with 1+ acre backyard.
Also I checked out that site already. I don't know which exits I will be taking, Flowermound to Richardson (75082)
seems like I will be taking both rayburn and turnpike toll roads

Old 05-31-2014, 10:28 AM

336 posts, read 589,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
500k is the max. I found plenty under 450k in the FM area with 1+ acre backyard.
Also I checked out that site already. I don't know which exits I will be taking, Flowermound to Richardson (75082)
If you download the app, you can put in a starting address and your destination, and it will give you options on which tolls you can take and how much that will cost you, in addition to how long you will drive (distance and time).

Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbob View Post
If you download the app, you can put in a starting address and your destination, and it will give you options on which tolls you can take and how much that will cost you, in addition to how long you will drive (distance and time).
Thanks fpsbob. I just figured that out, installing now.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
Looks like it will be close to $6/ round trip and take 45-60ish minutes each direction if the general start/ end points are close to Flower Mound HS and UTD.

I'm still determined to find you a house closer to work!! Did you consider looking in Lucas, Parker, or Fairview? There are about 10 houses on the market with 1+ acre lots/ 3000sf/ under $500k. Those would cut the commute time and expense by 50% or more!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:54 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Don't consider just the current toll rates, but future rate hikes also. Toll charges are automatically raised every 2 years. The toll hikes are capped at the inflation rate either. The last hikes were nearly 6%. That's going to be pricey, unless you plan on changing jobs to a closer location.

North Texas Tollway Authority's automatic toll increases appear to be here to stay | Dallas Morning News

Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Looks like it will be close to $6/ round trip and take 45-60ish minutes each direction if the general start/ end points are close to Flower Mound HS and UTD.

I'm still determined to find you a house closer to work!! Did you consider looking in Lucas, Parker, or Fairview? There are about 10 houses on the market with 1+ acre lots/ 3000sf/ under $500k. Those would cut the commute time and expense by 50% or more!
Thanks TurtleCreek80. The toll comes around $7.50 that's around $150 a month. damn...
I am going to check out some houses today at Allen and Lucas. They have backyards, but looks dull, dry and more like farm lands. This is what I was looking for. Not lucky enough I guess..

950 Crystal Cove, Oak Point TX For Sale - Trulia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas