U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 AM

155 posts, read 443,416 times

Advertisements

My 6 year old Vizio LCD 47" TV went out earlier this week. I've already replaced it with a new one, but would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a good tv repair shop. If it is something that can be easily repaired I'd love to move it to the kids playroom and have it as a dedicated screen for the xbox, wii u and a DVD player. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 09:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,718,009 times
hmm

i dont know if they even repair televisions anymore

i did get get warranty repair like 7 yrs ago from sony; but that was for an lcd projection not a flat panel

---

perhaps it's a fuse that caused your tv to "go out" ...if the lcd panel is gone you may have to just junk it

Old 06-01-2014, 09:31 AM

24,576 posts, read 34,261,001 times
I have had my 6 year-old Samsung LCD TV repaired twice, but both times it was free because it was to fix a manufacturing defect. Something in the circuit board went out; it was a known issue with my model of television. A Samsung tech came out and fixed it; it literally took 10 minutes. A few months later, same problem. I called, they said they'd have to charge for the repair...but I persuaded them not to.

Preston Video fixes televisions; they've been around forever. We had TVs and VCRs fixed there a couple of times when I was a kid, back when it was worth paying to have them repaired. I don't have any experience with any other repair shops.

Preston TV and Video of Dallas

Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM

4,185 posts, read 4,351,857 times
Last time I checked on having a flat screen tv repaired, it was $700 and I could buy a brand new tv for the same price. I really liked my tv, but that was ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:41 PM

2,722 posts, read 4,738,858 times
Berry's TV - 817-478-6783. Call him and he might (after hearing the problem) be able to tell you over the phone if it's worth repairing or not. He is the most honest and reasonable priced TV and computer repair person I have ever run across.

I've been in his shop and actually heard him tell people how to fix a problem themselves when they were willing to bring it in and pay him to do it. So I'd give him a call, won't cost you anything to do that and it might be something simple to fix. If he can determine the problem on the phone by talking with you, and depending on the problem, he might very well be able to, he'll tell you if it's something that's worth fixing or if you would be better off junking it.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:39 PM

155 posts, read 443,416 times
Thanks everyone. The picture looked great right up until it stopped working. The tv immediately cuts off when I power on so I thought it might be related to wiring. I'll check with the shops you've recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas