Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,540,300 times

Advertisements

Have sister in law in Victoria which has been growing steadily for last 10 yr--
they basically have a WalMart and an HEB--
both stores when they came in just drove all other stores out by lowering prices below THEIR profit level just to capture the business of their rivals--(and HEB will do it here too)
that isn't illegal or anything but when they drove the other stores out then they started raising their prices...
My SIL just hates the way they do business but she doesn't have a choice since she isn't driving to Corpus to shop...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM

6,623 posts, read 9,842,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
Back in DC there is Safeway all over the place, never really cared for it myself, never thought the deals were that great and their produced wasn't anything to rave about. I like the Kroger in Frisco where my aunt lives and I go there if I'm up that way. The Kroger closest to me is a Signature store (not from here, so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that supposed to their nicer stores or something?) - and its on Belt Line and Marsh.. very ghetto in my opinion. I avoid going there, same thing with the Target next door to it.
I go to the Walmart on Belt Line and Montfort now for frozen things and toiletries, water,etc.. then across the street to Whole Foods for a few things I love there, and finally to Sprouts to get fruits/veggies. Haven't found a place I love for meat - any suggestions? I'm at across the street from the Galleria.

I might drive down to HEB this weekend......I have to see what all the hype is about
A Kroger Signature store just has a wider selection of products. Kroger's nicest store is the Kroger Fresh Fare stores, it's their version of Whole Foods.

Recently, two Kroger Fresh Fare stores opened in Dallas, one being in CityPlace and the other in the Medical District.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:52 AM

574 posts, read 1,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
A Kroger Signature store just has a wider selection of products. Kroger's nicest store is the Kroger Fresh Fare stores, it's their version of Whole Foods.

Recently, two Kroger Fresh Fare stores opened in Dallas, one being in CityPlace and the other in the Medical District.
The Kroger Signature on Mockingbird/Greenville is the closest one to me. Usually I do a Kroger/Central Market run, with a few things occasionally from Trader Joe's. Had never heard of Kroger Fresh Fare. I might have to take a peek at the one in CityPlace!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:42 AM

290 posts, read 385,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
The Kroger Signature on Mockingbird/Greenville is the closest one to me. Usually I do a Kroger/Central Market run, with a few things occasionally from Trader Joe's. Had never heard of Kroger Fresh Fare. I might have to take a peek at the one in CityPlace!
OH! I forgot about Trader Joes.. I love that place. The only one I have been too is on Park and Preston in Plano though, I'll have to see if there is one closer. Yes.. I will be checking out Kroger Fresh Fare too, never heard of it. A lot of Krogers I see look run down.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:51 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,437,020 times
The new Trader Joes just opened in Inwood Village. Depending on how crowded it is this weekend, we may try it out.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 AM

6,623 posts, read 9,842,031 times
Here's pics of the Kroger Fresh Fare store in CityPlace

New Kroger at Cityplace changes the grocery game for in-town shoppers - CultureMap Dallas

Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM

290 posts, read 385,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post

It REALLY does look like Whole Foods.. gonna have to check it out!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:00 PM

574 posts, read 1,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
The new Trader Joes just opened in Inwood Village. Depending on how crowded it is this weekend, we may try it out.
It's more spacious than the one on Lower Greenville. I went today around 1:30pm and it was pretty empty. Surely weekends will be crazy.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:46 PM

25 posts, read 36,931 times
I moved to Dallas a year ago from San Antonio. I can attest that none of the chain grocery stores here is as good, overall, as HEB (which dominates the San Antonio and south Texas markets). They contract individually with farmers to grow their own, high-quality produce and their HEB and Central Market products are of excellent quality. They are also good corporate citizens and are very philanthropic in the communities in which they do business.
I look forward to being able to shop at HEB again after they start putting up stores here. Luckily I live almost as close to the Central Market here as I did in San Antonio, but I would gladly travel to the bigger one on Lovers and 75 if I didn't.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 AM

63 posts, read 212,836 times
HEB has purchased a site in Frisco on the northeast corner of Lebanon Road and FM 423, so I would expect them to eventually open there although they are saying they have no immediate construction plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas