Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 07:40 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,854 times

Advertisements

I thought I would post this for all the folks who are considering buying in Frisco:

Frisco Lead Contamination Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM

504 posts, read 800,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I thought I would post this for all the folks who are considering buying in Frisco:

It has been posted and discussed many times on this forum? What is your motive?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:59 AM

19,776 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:

This sort of thing is why I more or less never trust advocates no matter the context. That red map three or four items down is most bogus. Basically they took the worst possible amount of lead that might have been emitted over 50 years and doubled it.

Has anyone found properly collected soil lead samples around Frisco that exceed EPA limits? The answer is no. Have statistically relevant numbers of people in Frisco shown high lead levels in blood or bone? The answer is no so far as I can tell. There were a couple of dust samples that tested high but they, so far as I recall, could not be tied to Exide.

ETA - And VegasMan_72 is correct that bogus red map was posted just the other day.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:00 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
That Plano is better, probably.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 AM

19,776 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceraceae View Post
that plano is better, probably.
lol!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,746,122 times
Blood testing hasn

Here is the DMN article on this. You have to go deep into the article to find the facts.

The article leads of with a lie about not answering questions. The blood tests DID answer the question.

Quote:
A week later, the state health department released a one-page fact sheet summarizing the test results. It stated 594 people (98 percent) of those tested “had blood lead levels consistent with those found in people in their respective age groups throughout the United States.”

There is something rotten about how Exide was treated. And there is something rotten about the DMN's coverage.

'Secret dealing'? Emails show cozy relationship between EPA, environmental groups | Fox News

Exide was a legal, long-running business which fully complied with EPA regulations. In Fact, the lead recycle plant was built to get lead out of the communities.

And then the EPA changed the rules. Exide agreed to fund new scrubbers. But Frisco refused to approve a permit.

The real problem I see now is if the EPA, Frisco, the DMN, and the various haters in Frisco really want to face a Legal Discovery Process.

Chevron recently won a RICO suit and there are a number of others being considered in other cases like this.

Exide's only problem is that they tried to win a Witch Trial with facts. The only way you can win in a Witch Trial is to show who the real Witches are.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
lol!
I bet the lead levels are what cause Frisco high schools to have lower SAT scores than Plano even though they have more affluent demographics.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:34 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,746,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Has anyone found properly collected soil lead samples around Frisco that exceed EPA limits? The answer is no. Have statistically relevant numbers of people in Frisco shown high lead levels in blood or bone? The answer is no so far as I can tell. There were a couple of dust samples that tested high but they, so far as I recall, could not be tied to Exide.
I know people who work in another lead plant on the West Coast. They are tested constantly and have very specific procedures to follow. No one has had to quit work in years. If the plant is that clean then the community around is clean.

And one other point is that you have to test all across the area, not just around the plant. There are a number of soils in the river bottoms around here that have high lead levels and lots of older homes below 635 with the same issue. Its poor science.

The other problem with closing this plant is that the trucks carrying old batteries have to drive further. This increases the risks of accidents. One bad accident and more lead will be released in it than the plant releases ever.

The plant was built to recycle lead - to get the lead out of the communities and to stop having to mine lead. Two very important goals to fixing lead contamination. Now the plant is closed. Where is the sense in that? There is none. This was purely a witch hunt.

I agree that Frisco is growing and maybe heavy industry is no longer appropriate. But the way Exide was treated is a black stain on Frisco. And probably opens the City up to being party in a RICO suit down the road as the corruption at the EPA becomes apparent.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post

Here come the realtors and/or Frisco property and business owners - all ready to viciously attack any person delivering one iota of negativity about their precious turf!

I posted it becaase it hasn't been discussed *recently,* and there are a lot of new folks coming to this forum looking for information.

My only motive is to inform. The market is crazy right now, and too many people are jumping in blindly to secure their 4/2/2.

Texas is a non-disclosure state, and I am certain no one with a stake in the real estate boom is going to volunteer this information to unsuspecting buyers from out of state desperate to close before the school year starts.

Potential Frisco Buyers: Don't listen to me, and don't listen to them, either. Just.Do.Your.Research.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:49 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,128 times
Quote:
Here come the realtors and/or Frisco property and business owners - all ready to viciously attack any person delivering one iota of negativity about their precious turf!

I posted it becaase it hasn't been discussed *recently,* and there are a lot of new folks coming to this forum looking for information.

My only motive is to inform. The market is crazy right now, and too many people are jumping in blindly to secure their 4/2/2.

Texas is a non-disclosure state, and I am certain no one with a stake in the real estate boom is going to volunteer this information to unsuspecting buyers from out of state desperate to close before the school year starts.

Potential Frisco Buyers: Don't listen to me, and don't listen to them, either. Just.Do.Your.Research.
Yeah, because if there's one thing about this forum, it's that it LOVES Frisco and never says anything disparaging about it or its school system in any way! Nobody has ever implied that this forum is anything but a bunch of Frisco cheerleaders!

Good lord.

By the way, regarding "recently", that EXACT SAME GRAPHIC was posted and discussed earlier THIS WEEK? So by "recently", do you mean "within the last 12 hours"?

Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas